Disappointed!!!
By azme44 on
2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I purchaced my 2012 Journey in April. A little over a week later it (transmission) began shuttering/jerking when upshifting or downshifting. I took it to one dealership and they said that they "reset the computer chip because it was off" and that was suppose to fix the problem. It DID NOT!! I took it in to a different dealership and took the service director/ex-master tech for a test drive and he told me that there was nothing he could do. He said that the transmission shuttering/jerking is normal for the transmissions in the Journeys and that most people don't notice it until about 3000-3500 miles... WHAT!!!!!! How can that possibly be NORMAL for ANY vehicle.
Favorite Features
Comfort, gas mileage, touch screen radio.
Suggested Improvements
If the service director/ex-master tech is telling the truth that ALL transmissions in the Dodge Journey is suppose to shutter/jerk when shifting gears, FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it's not suppose to do that, FIX MINE or take it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By flutedude
on 07/10/12 13:10 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem. It started at 3500 miles. It now has 7500. I took it to my dealer recently and first they did the computer upgrade and then test drove it. They told me that they couldn't duplicate the problem but it still exists. I'm just driving it for now and kind of hoping it gets worse so they can't deny it. Eventually I'll take it in again. Maybe they'll have a fix for it then. Other than that we really like the vehicle.