Used 2012 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Most Helpful|
Vibration in the rear end
By dodgejourney

2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have a 2012 dodge journey bought it December 2012 we have at it at the shop 7+ times with a vibration in the rear end. If anyone can have someone drive them ride in the back and you will feel it. Starts around 40 and gets worse around 46. They don't want to fix it. So please if you have this problem go to dodge and complain. They have gave us the run around. If we can get a case against them then let's do it. We have drove a 2010, 2012, and 2013 they all do it. Time for them to have a recall.

Favorite Features

Nothing

Suggested Improvements

Everything.

Disappointed!!!
By azme44

2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchaced my 2012 Journey in April. A little over a week later it (transmission) began shuttering/jerking when upshifting or downshifting. I took it to one dealership and they said that they "reset the computer chip because it was off" and that was suppose to fix the problem. It DID NOT!! I took it in to a different dealership and took the service director/ex-master tech for a test drive and he told me that there was nothing he could do. He said that the transmission shuttering/jerking is normal for the transmissions in the Journeys and that most people don't notice it until about 3000-3500 miles... WHAT!!!!!! How can that possibly be NORMAL for ANY vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort, gas mileage, touch screen radio.

Suggested Improvements

If the service director/ex-master tech is telling the truth that ALL transmissions in the Dodge Journey is suppose to shutter/jerk when shifting gears, FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it's not suppose to do that, FIX MINE or take it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPSET!!!!
By atsieb

2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT. I drove it off the lot with 200 miles on the odometer. At 1600 miles the transmission began to shutter! I took it to the dealership and the computer was flashed. This did NOT help. We have set up a case with Chrysler, but have been told that the shuttering is a characteristic of the vehicle per Chryslers engineering dept. WHAT! This is the stupidest thing that I have ever heard. IF that was the case then WHY did it not show up until 1600 miles. I am so unhappy and disappointed with Chrysler and this Journey. Chrysler has put all of their dealerships in a very bad position. With Chrysler not acknowledging that there is an issue with the 3.6 liter engines.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler need to either take back my 2012 Journey SXT 3.6 Liter or FIX IT!!!!!!! I feel like a victim of Chrysler!!!!!

Its a Lemon!!!!
By court90

2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In June of 2014 I bought the used 2012 Dodge Journey with 24,000 miles on it I thought it would be great. I had a 2009 Kia Spectra that was starting to have problems and I wanted an SUV Chrisler were the only ones to take me with my credit so I bought this car. within 1 week of having it the breaks were bad they got replaced then it started having a strut problem so I took it back. they keep putting new things in it to stop the noise but it hasn't helped. The car goes back to the dealership everyweek its there more then I have it. Finally this week has been the last straw they don't know whats wrong with it so tomorrow I am going there and they are taking it back either way!! dissatisfied!!!

Favorite Features

its nice and roomy and comfortable but with all the problems wrong with it its not worth the money at all!!! that is why it is going back tomorrow either way I don't want it anymore!!!!

Wasted our money on this car
By tparktrash

2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Journey with 5900 miles has been in the Dodge shop four times this month due to oil seapage from the transaxle output seal and differential cover. Back in the shop this morning due to likely leakage from the output seal on the passenger side. Last month it was the BCM that needed replacement. Dealership has been accomodating but this issue needs to be corrected.