Used 2012 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

I think i got the lemon
By Nicholas Burke

2012 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Dodge journey used, it hat 29,000KM on it in march of 2013. Since then it's been to the shop more times than I can count. The transmission has been rebuilt twice, had two gears replaced, all seals replaced in the front axle, rear axle and rear dif. The front bearings have been replaced both left and right. Radio, power steering pump, and reservoir have been replaced. It's currently in for an exhaust leak. There is only 66,000KM on the car, it's not even 4 years old yet. In service date is November of 2011. I still have issues with the transmission hard shifting or just not finding the right gear to be in.

Handles Amazing, great in the rain, corners, acceleration all of it. Such a great vehicle to drive. Not too bad on gas, as long as you don't have a lead foot..unfortunately i do. I really enjoy driving it, and if it wasn't for all the problems I've had i would be keeping it, however the warranty is up soon and I've started shopping for something different.

Drop the 6spd transmission or work out the kinks, there is something with with the timing of the shifting and the monitoring of what gear is appropriate for the current situation. Adjust the mirrors to provide better viewing, perhaps add the curved mirror to the corners as an added safety feature like to see on most ford vehicles now.

Its a Lemon!!!!
By court90

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In June of 2014 I bought the used 2012 Dodge Journey with 24,000 miles on it I thought it would be great. I had a 2009 Kia Spectra that was starting to have problems and I wanted an SUV Chrisler were the only ones to take me with my credit so I bought this car. within 1 week of having it the breaks were bad they got replaced then it started having a strut problem so I took it back. they keep putting new things in it to stop the noise but it hasn't helped. The car goes back to the dealership everyweek its there more then I have it. Finally this week has been the last straw they don't know whats wrong with it so tomorrow I am going there and they are taking it back either way!! dissatisfied!!!

its nice and roomy and comfortable but with all the problems wrong with it its not worth the money at all!!! that is why it is going back tomorrow either way I don't want it anymore!!!!

Extended Warranty 3.6L 2011-2013 Journey to 10yr 150,000 miles on left cylinder head
By vadogwood

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Last week my check engine light came on. We coded it to find it was due to a misfire. The following day we received this letter with this information. The problem is not only the Journey but also Grand Cherokee, Durango, Minivan, 200, Avenger, Journey, 300, Charger, Challenger and/or Wrangler from 2011-2013. This is the letter in summary: 3.6L ENGINE LEFT CYLINDER HEAD EXTENDED WARRANTY This letter is to inform you that the warranty period (5 years or 100,000 miles) on the 3.6 engine left Cylinder head on select vehicles has been extended to 10 years or 150,000 miles. Contact Chrysler Customer Assistance Center: PO Box 21-8004: Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004. or call 1-800-423-6343.

update from dec 2012
By dipstick5

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

have driven 3.6 L sxt fwd 6 spd auto to Wisconsin and Michigan attaining 28 to 30 mpg. gas mileage averaging 21 all around city/highway. almost 6000 miles on odometer without any complaints. adding a Mopar backup camera system sometime in future to improve safety when in reverse.

Wasted our money on this car
By tparktrash

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Journey with 5900 miles has been in the Dodge shop four times this month due to oil seapage from the transaxle output seal and differential cover. Back in the shop this morning due to likely leakage from the output seal on the passenger side. Last month it was the BCM that needed replacement. Dealership has been accomodating but this issue needs to be corrected.