2012 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Extended Warranty 3.6L 2011-2013 Journey to 10yr 150,000 miles on left cylinder head
By vadogwood on 07/23/14 11:25 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Last week my check engine light came on. We coded it to find it was due to a misfire. The following day we received this letter with this information. The problem is not only the Journey but also Grand Cherokee, Durango, Minivan, 200, Avenger, Journey, 300, Charger, Challenger and/or Wrangler from 2011-2013. This is the letter in summary: 3.6L ENGINE LEFT CYLINDER HEAD EXTENDED WARRANTY This letter is to inform you that the warranty period (5 years or 100,000 miles) on the 3.6 engine left Cylinder head on select vehicles has been extended to 10 years or 150,000 miles. Contact Chrysler Customer Assistance Center: PO Box 21-8004: Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004. or call 1-800-423-6343.

update from dec 2012
By dipstick5 on 07/25/13 03:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

have driven 3.6 L sxt fwd 6 spd auto to Wisconsin and Michigan attaining 28 to 30 mpg. gas mileage averaging 21 all around city/highway. almost 6000 miles on odometer without any complaints. adding a Mopar backup camera system sometime in future to improve safety when in reverse.

Wasted our money on this car
By tparktrash on 03/25/13 10:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Journey with 5900 miles has been in the Dodge shop four times this month due to oil seapage from the transaxle output seal and differential cover. Back in the shop this morning due to likely leakage from the output seal on the passenger side. Last month it was the BCM that needed replacement. Dealership has been accomodating but this issue needs to be corrected.

Vibration in the rear end
By dodgejourney on 03/05/13 17:57 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have a 2012 dodge journey bought it December 2012 we have at it at the shop 7+ times with a vibration in the rear end. If anyone can have someone drive them ride in the back and you will feel it. Starts around 40 and gets worse around 46. They don't want to fix it. So please if you have this problem go to dodge and complain. They have gave us the run around. If we can get a case against them then let's do it. We have drove a 2010, 2012, and 2013 they all do it. Time for them to have a recall.

sxt fwd 3.6 6 speed auto
By dipstick5 on 12/16/12 04:20 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

bought car last month and love it! quiet smooth ride with plenty of power when needed. not a grocery getter but a highway cruiser capable of towing 2500 lbs. great features inside especially the 8" screen for sat radio / climate control, LED interior lighting. went 100 miles in the rain yesterday and was really impressed with the handling and control of the road conditions while getting almost 30 MPG on the highway. after driving this car i would never consider honda or toyota again; dodge did a great job building this car!

Best Blend of Performance and Size
By lightaddict08 on 11/07/12 13:01 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2012 3.6L Crew AWD w/Heated Seats. Although I do work for Chrysler I found the Journey to be the best choice for my lifestyle. As a young adult I was looking for something sporty, but cargo space was a must after my previous coupe. Looking for a blend of fuel economy, performance, and interior space the 3.6L AWD Journey fit the bill perfectly. Coming from a 5.7L F-Body I was very pleased with the acceleration and handling the Journey offered with much better fuel economy. Additionally I am now able to fit a whole bedroom furniture set in the back. The dynamics of the vehicle hold the tires firm to the ground even in the tightest turns. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle.

A different perspective
By mitomom on 08/19/12 16:44 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am a mother with a child with a life threatening disease. I traded in my Grand Caravan for a 2012 Journey and love it. I honestly hated the owning a minivan (even with ALL the options we had). The only downside to the Journey is lack of TVs, which is easily fixed with her Ipad and her portable DVD player. The wheelchair fits wonderfully in the back with the 3rd row folded down. The emegency medical supplies fit perfectly in the storage area in the back. I drive to our local children's hospital 2-3 times a week (40 miles one way) and our mpg is averaging 21.5. The interior is beautiful. The details are great!

Best value in America
By mikeyinthed on 08/14/12 16:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I got a great deal on my 2012 Dodge Journey after the $4,500 in rebates currently offered. This is the best value in America. Great gas mileage for the size of the vehicle, good performace from the 3.6L engine, quiet, smooth, refined interior compared to Chrysler products from the past, exterior styling offers some spice to a bland category. There is nothing I would change about my Journey. The Safe & Sound package is a must on the SXT models. It adds the rear parking sensors, rear camera, and the 8.4" screen. The screen is amazing and the interface with Apple products is my favorite feature. The other options I added was the 19" wheels and the perferred package.

"Mommy's New Car!"
By mommy_hiccup on 07/31/12 01:22 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was our first "family" car, though we'd had an SUV prior to this purchase. It's been a small adjustment, getting used to being lower to the ground and in a smaller vehicle (narrower than our old vehicle.) The price... it's so-so for what you get.

UPSET!!!!
By atsieb on 07/23/12 16:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT. I drove it off the lot with 200 miles on the odometer. At 1600 miles the transmission began to shutter! I took it to the dealership and the computer was flashed. This did NOT help. We have set up a case with Chrysler, but have been told that the shuttering is a characteristic of the vehicle per Chryslers engineering dept. WHAT! This is the stupidest thing that I have ever heard. IF that was the case then WHY did it not show up until 1600 miles. I am so unhappy and disappointed with Chrysler and this Journey. Chrysler has put all of their dealerships in a very bad position. With Chrysler not acknowledging that there is an issue with the 3.6 liter engines.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Journey Suv in VA is:

$143 per month*