WHY ARE THE TIRES/BRAKES ON THIS CAR SO BAD??? and
By candy101 on
2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I HAVE NEVER Prayed for my warranty to expire EVER on any car; but that's just what I did with this car! Hands down it is the best car as far as size, comfort, sporty even. But, there is NO REASON, I should be looking at buying ANOTHER set of tires and BRAKES! I have 35,000 miles and need them again. I replaced all 4 tires at 17,000 miles and the brakes then too. THIS IS A defect! And from what I can tell with reading other reviews, ITS NOT ME! When I go to have my oil changed the attendants will call over their buddies to see the car that needs its third set of tires and third set of brakes. IT's STUPID. Not to mention the Rear transaxel went out at 15,000. Get a chevy!
Favorite Features
LOVE THE SEATING, space. SUNROOF. Radio cant be beat, same one is in the volkswagon. I love the Chrysler/dodge products and was RAISED on them, but I can tell you this is my last! I cant wait to pay it off and get rid of it; such a shame! I love driving this car, I love everything else about it!!! I will miss it dearly but I CANT STAND the money I am spending every couple of months on things I SHOULD NOT BE REPLACING!
Suggested Improvements
There is only one make/size of tire for this car and it is about $250.00 a peice! I found them online and had them delivered to my house and the dealer put them on for a savings of $300.00. but I cant believe that about 20,000 miles later I am looking at doing it all over again! My last car I never even replaced the tires or the brakes on it ever. I have a Chrysler minivan 05 that I drive for work with 105,000 miles on it. I have never had the brakes replaced or new tires put on it, I started driving it at 35,000 miles. Its great. But this cars tires and brakes are a mess and Dodge needs to do something about it!!!
By depaashaas
on 01/09/12 16:03 PM (PST)

codeinfo really 48 different tires????? I did go to tirerack.com and if your journey comes with this size 225/55R19 they only sell one kumho. And these start at $200.00 each. The problem on the 3.6 is that the car is a heavy car 4000+lb and if you only have front wheel drive it will burn out very easy. If I would have know that I would have taken a AWD. I how ever wonder if the original post is about a 2010, the 2011 have upgraded brake pads and rotors. The 2009 and 2010 rotors are about 2" smaller than the 2011 and 2012

By codeinfo
on 08/12/11 08:47 AM (PDT)

Breaks and tires are designed to wear. Breakpad materials are pretty well standardized. The wear rate of your breakpads is directly proportional to the force exerted on them (if you have a heavier car and drive fast, you will be required to exert more force on the break pads) and the duration of breaking in general. Seeing as your brakes AND tires are wearing relatively quickly (most tires are designed for 25,000 - 50,000 miles) it is likely that this problem is due to abusive(fast/frequent stopping) driving and not a design flaw on the part of Dodge. I hope potential Journey buyers don't see your review and decide not to buy it as a result. Also, at tirerack.com there are 48 different tires that fit this vehicle, starting as low as $108 per tire.