Think Twice
By hayesrbeam on
2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
refrigerated compartment does not do work, very compact, you can touch the passanger side door from the driver seat! not good if you are planning on using the third row on a regular basis. seats are hard to move. No storage when third seat is up. NO pick up when the A/C is on. The floor shifter is easily moved out of gear, yes, while driving I accidentally moved it into reverse! When I called Dodge to check on a possible recall I pretty much got told I was on my own. As a side note, the entire car is plastic, everything and the seats are extremely hard to clean, get the leather! If you looking to downsize to save gas money, this is not the car for you. Horrible gas mileage.
Favorite Features
DVD system, back up camera, navigation, sun roof, and the installed booster seats are a great idea. It saves much needed room! For the price of the car you get alot of extras. I have not had any reliability issues that I have heard about in other reviews, yet. I do see changing the brakes at 15,000 though! If I could do it all over again I would keep looking and probably get the much dreaded minivan. They have so much storage room and its easier to get the kids in and out of!
Suggested Improvements
Make the car wider, upgrade interior fabric. Have the option of getting captains chairs in the second room and the third row bench for easier loading and unloading of the family. Put a shifter in the car that has a button that needs to be pressed in order to shift. That could really hurt someone! Make it easier to switch the child locks on the doors. Currently you need a screw driver to do so. Car has no get up and go.