2011 Dodge Journey Consumer Review: Thank you Dodge! LUX

2011 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Review

Thank you Dodge! LUX
By workshop on

2011 Dodge Journey Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I will start of with the negative. I don't like where the front cup holders are located. I don't think I can fairly comment on Build Quality and Reliability because I just started driving the car. So far so good. BTW. I could afford any SUV, wagon, etc. I wanted. Tried the Benz-seat sides hard.Ouch. Plus there are silly bars in the middle. BMW-yes it's great, but mmmm is it worth the price? I literally got every lux item in this car accept the name. Journey is a great design and price.

I am a Real Estate Appraiser and can spend up to 6 hours on the road in a day. I travel from cities to farmland in rain and snow (6" in the past 2 days). I am 5'8" and my back has started to bother me. I can't say enough about the interior luxury and design. The Nav is 8" square!!! Have you ever just focused on the media screens in competitors? One SUV screen was 2 x 3 recessed in a cavernous section of the dash. What good is that? The seats are sooo cushy. I also like that the Journey is narrower than competitors and a little lower so I don't feel like I'm in a truck. I keep cleaning supplies in the storage under the front seat.

Two items. One. I wonder if this vehicle could be fitted with a panoramic sunroof. Two, it would be great if it was maybe 8" shorter. The only hesitation I had with this choice was the length. I had a Toureg and the Journey is 5" longer. It's ok, but I don't have kids in the house anymore. I put the third row down (easy) and it's like an elevated wagon. Dear Dodge, did i mention I don't like the location of the front cup holders? That said all else is perfect.