Great Vehicle!
By brian178 on
2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I cannot honestly find anything not to like about my 2011 Dodge Journey R/T. Styling is great. Even though its a CUV, it retains much of the muscle appeal of the Charger/Challenger. The interior is very well thought out. Touch screen works flawlessly and very fast. Tons of storage space. Third row is small, but when folded down there is ample space for gear while still maintaining room for 4 adults to fit comfortably. I have found the engine/transmission to be quick and quiet. It's no V-8 Hemi but it will move with some giddy-up when pushed. I've had it up to over 100mph with two bikes on the roof, two passengers, the back full of gear, and it didn't hesitate getting there either.
Favorite Features
LOVE the Uconnect system. Bluetooth, iPod, Navi, CD/DVD, SD card: done. Fast, easy to learn, and easily readable screen. Tons of hidden storage. Bins in rear floor have removable inserts to drain or clean. These are great for soda and ice, a wet wetsuit, or anything else you can imagine. Storage below the passenger seat is brilliant. For me, the best feature is the fact that its a CUV. Car platform but has room for all your gear: Bike, surf, camp, whatever. I recommend this CUV to anyone who loves the road trip. And especially, it you, like me, need to tote your gear.
Suggested Improvements
Maybe retuning the computer to have peak HP lower in RPM range. It would be nice to get into those horses a little earlier when accelerating.