Can't take a JOURNEY
By lucky007 on
2011 Dodge Journey Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Well it seems that I have joined an elite group. I bought a 2011 LUX in April and have only seen it for about 3 weeks. It sure likes the dealers lot more than my garage. I have 2300 miles on it and most of which has been put on by the dealership. They test drive it alot and take it home for the week-end to see if they can get it to duplicate the problems. The battery goes dead for no appearent reason. The engineers can't figure it out. Dodge at first said that there were no appearent problems, then I showed them all the issues that you all have posted. It was sure an eye opener to them!!!!!Today I got a phone call for them telling me that I have to talk to Chyrsler.
By lmp_journey
on 08/09/11 17:34 PM (PDT)

You should request a buy back when you talk to Chrysler. They will probaby laugh in your face, then tell them you're serious and get a lawyer. I was probably one the first to come out and say I was having this problem and have been dealing with this since the first week of March. Since then, as you can see, several others have come out and said they are having they same problem. There is clearly a problem with the make of the vehicle, yet they still deny that others are having the same problem. It starts to make you feel like you're the crazy one. I'm not out on a crusade against Chrysler, but when you buy a brand new car and you have to keep jumper cables in the back seat, THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

By journeyalemon
on 01/29/12 18:48 PM (PST)

Bought my Lux Journey Aug. 2011, battery died two weeks later. Dealership replaced battery, said sometimes you get a bad battery. Battery died again the day before Thanksgiving. Towed again to dealership, again said they obviously put in defective battery. Today, car died again 1-29-2012. I have leased vehicles for the past twenty years, never had a problem until now. I can't imagine what the dealership will tell me. I need to get out of this lease and find another vehicle. This is scary - thanks goodness all three times I was in my driveway and not traveling on the road. First time leasing a Journey. Loved everything else about the vehicle except now I'm feeling it is unreliable-which is the very reason I lease my vehicles. 39 month lease- I need out now!!!!

By superolds
on 08/15/11 01:34 AM (PDT)

Don't despair. Please read to the end. We had the exact same vehicle as you. Will try to make this as brief as possible. Sitting in the journey with the engine off, the dash display would flash on and then off and continue for a period of time. It may not happen right away and you may have to sit there for a while. But it will happen. I told my wife that I don't know what the problem was and forgot about it. A few days later the battery was dead. Charged it up and called the dealer, they said to bring it right down. My wife followed me there in our other car. Was not going to bring it right back until they tried to find the problem. The next day the service manager called. They can not find a fault code on the diagnostics. It appears there is nothing wrong. We did put a new battery in and reset the vehicles computer to the factory defaults. Went and picked it up, thanked them for the new battery and for their effort. They said to call if it happens again, well it hasn't happened again. This was in June. Running like a charm. Don't know the details of the computer reset but I will give you the Contact. Perhaps your service manager can contact him to find out exactly what they did. If they haven't found your problem yet, what have you got to lose. It's a very nice suv. The contact: Herb Chambers Chrysler Jeep Dodge 107 Andover Street. Rt. 114 Danvers, Ma. 01923 Tel. 978-774-8840 Ask for the Service Manager of the Blue Team. Good luck !