2011 Dodge Journey - Starting Problems
By bobs1969 on
2011 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
One day after I purchased my 2011 Dodge Journey Crew in April 2011 it failed to start while sitting in my driveway overnight. It has now been towed to the dealer three times with the same problem and the same result. Something is draining the battery but we can't find it and Chrysler doesn't have any solutions because they are not aware of the problem. I now feel we can no longer trust the reliability of our new car. It could leave us stranded anywhere at any-time. If the power fails & systems shut down while driving at highway speeds, could a power failure of this type cause an accident? So far I rate my car as Dangerous & Unreliable.
Suggested Improvements
Resolve the starting problem! It is clearly a fault with the electrical engineering or architecture and design of this vehicle. Chrysler Canada seems to simply wish to ignore it and it will go away. In lieu of writing reviews and complaining to local dealers, we might consider a 'Class Action' approach. Clearly we are being ignored individually and being fed propaganda through the local dealers. We've been told this problem is brand new and has never been reported before. We were planning a trip to Ontario in August, but that must be postponed until this problem gets resolved. We do not trust the reliability or safety of our 2011 Dodge Journey Crew.
By superolds
on 08/16/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

Please read the comment I've posted under ' Lucky007 ' dated 8/8/2011. good luck.