2011 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Don't Buy One
By arcop223 on 01/15/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve had this car about two years. The oddball tire size makes tires very expensive (tires are cheaper for my 1 ton 4X4). We are on our third radio system. The amp has been replaced twice, now the backup camera has quiet. Check Engine light keeps coming on with a code for a miss-fire. And as of recent, the front end sounds like something is breaking lose every time you get on the breaks’. This car has 24000 miles on it. The electronic gremlins live in this car. At my job we have a lot of new Dodge cars; most of them have the same type of problems.

Problems
By red_express on 12/23/11 13:30 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am posting this providing information due to problems with the dodge journey. People say it fails to start when turning the key yet all the lights come on, (dead battery syndrome), if you have an immobolizer equipped remove it , they new immobolizers are built so they can be activate which shuts down the vehicles . This is a problem because it malfunctions causing the ignition not to engage and loss of power as some say, the dead battery syndrome also happens on my 2001 dodge ram 1500, my brothers 1994 dodge neon and the work truck a 2005 gmc sierra all have immobolizers and this is what is causing the problem. Do not do it all the time but the odd time when u least expect it!

Great Vehicle!
By brian178 on 07/25/11 13:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I cannot honestly find anything not to like about my 2011 Dodge Journey R/T. Styling is great. Even though its a CUV, it retains much of the muscle appeal of the Charger/Challenger. The interior is very well thought out. Touch screen works flawlessly and very fast. Tons of storage space. Third row is small, but when folded down there is ample space for gear while still maintaining room for 4 adults to fit comfortably. I have found the engine/transmission to be quick and quiet. It's no V-8 Hemi but it will move with some giddy-up when pushed. I've had it up to over 100mph with two bikes on the roof, two passengers, the back full of gear, and it didn't hesitate getting there either.

WHY ARE THE TIRES/BRAKES ON THIS CAR SO BAD??? and
By candy101 on 06/14/11 16:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I HAVE NEVER Prayed for my warranty to expire EVER on any car; but that's just what I did with this car! Hands down it is the best car as far as size, comfort, sporty even. But, there is NO REASON, I should be looking at buying ANOTHER set of tires and BRAKES! I have 35,000 miles and need them again. I replaced all 4 tires at 17,000 miles and the brakes then too. THIS IS A defect! And from what I can tell with reading other reviews, ITS NOT ME! When I go to have my oil changed the attendants will call over their buddies to see the car that needs its third set of tires and third set of brakes. IT's STUPID. Not to mention the Rear transaxel went out at 15,000. Get a chevy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Journey Suv in WA is:

$146 per month*