2011 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Dont buy this car
By samaro on 01/11/13 13:28 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since I purchased this vehicle in September of 2011 I’ve had problems from the radio not working, power outlets not working, bad cylinder heads, bad gas tank and fuel pump. According to the technician at the dealer the Journey has a problem with the cylinder going bed within the first year. The fuel pump had to be replaced twice. The first time they replace it I broke down in the middle of the freeway 3 days later with my family in the vehicle. The breaks and steering wheel locked up and the vehicle shutoff. I was a sitting duck waiting to be hit be oncoming vehicle s. I had the vehicle towed back to the dealer and 3 days later I’m told that the vehicle is fixed but I need to replace the b

worst car ever owned
By moose5506 on 11/07/12 17:46 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This has been the worst 18 months of my driving life! I have had my third set of brakes just put on my car...I have 21,000 miles! I have had my radio replaced, I have random transmission shifts, no acceleration, and crappy tires! I have had my car into the shop NINE times in 18 months! I am always on the phone with the complaint line, and no one gives a crap about me or the crappy car! When my brakes fail, and I kill someone, I hope the people at Dodge are happy! I was told to talk to the owner of the dealer where I bought it....like that will do any good! IT's just horrible!

Fuel System Problems
By truevfib on 03/15/12 10:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Journey in Sept. Since then it has been in the shop 10 times. I cannot fuel my vehicle to full. It generally stops around 3/4. They have replaced everthing there is to replace. Then Crysler tells us that they are aware of the problem and that they "may" have a solution in July 2012. I asked for a replacement vehicle, within the NC Lemon Law statues and they denied me. I have a lawyer working on a claim. Crysler has been very ugly in this matter. Plus I have had to have all the brakes and roters replaced at 700 miles. If you are looking at this vehicle to purchase save yourself the heart ache and buy something else.

First dodge
By powemicj on 09/15/11 18:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this SUV for about 2 months and have put 2500 miles on and I love it. It fits the family and the 3 dogs comfortably.

Teriffic Value - Perfect Family Vehicle
By brekdown29 on 09/09/11 23:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unless you want a minivan this is the best alternative. The positive difference in build quality between the 2010 and 2011 models is stark. It has a powerful and smooth engine and a decent transmission. Ride is extremely smooth and quiet so obviously the suspension and build engineering was done right. It drives and feels like a more expensive car than it is. Keeping fingers crossed that we don't encounter any of the battery/starter issues but at least we're informed. Thanks for the info.

2011 Dodge Journey SXT
By journey_sext on 02/19/11 16:33 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought thi vehicle brand new and have only 250 KM's but can say that it is very nice for a family of four. I love the new 3.6 L engine which provides a very smooth ride. This vehicle feels solid when it drives and very quiet compared to the Honda CR-V that I previously owned. It is still early to give an honest review but up to this point.....I love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Journey Suv in VA is:

$140 per month*