Used 2011 Dodge Journey Lux SUV Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Journey SUV

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

My Journey
By Nicole Retzlaff

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Lux 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I absloutely love my journey. I have taken it on road trips and the gas mileage is way better then what the sheet says. Highway I am averaging 30.8 mpg, and the city is 23.3 mpg. I had a 2011 Chrysler 200 and I would not change purchasing my car. I have a Great Dane, Rottweiler and Border Collie...all three fit with ample amounts of room compared to my 200. Awesome storage for their toys, food and water. Love this car!!!

Glad I leased it
By checkfirst

2011 Dodge Journey SUV Lux 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Worst vehicle I've operated. I am only happy I leased it and didn't have to keep it. Bad news was I broke my lease early because it was in the shop for major repairs too often, LEMON. New brakes and rotors after 9500 miles, really. Check engine light twice came on for camshaft issues, really. The last and final time before trading it in was it lost one of the cylinders...REALLY! Too many major problems for this SUV as well as the poor fit and finish of exterior panels. Cut my finger on the rear door edge plate. I had to sand it smooth so not to do it again. Traded after only 28 months and less than 23,000 miles. Very happy w/my new 2013 Toyota Rav4.

Interior design and looks.

Improve quality control at the factory. After my problems and the other reviews it is apparent this vehicle has major issues and many of them are the same. Hopefully they corrected these issues with the 2012 and 2013 models.