Used 2011 Dodge Journey R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Don't Buy One
By arcop223

2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Iíve had this car about two years. The oddball tire size makes tires very expensive (tires are cheaper for my 1 ton 4X4). We are on our third radio system. The amp has been replaced twice, now the backup camera has quiet. Check Engine light keeps coming on with a code for a miss-fire. And as of recent, the front end sounds like something is breaking lose every time you get on the breaksí. This car has 24000 miles on it. The electronic gremlins live in this car. At my job we have a lot of new Dodge cars; most of them have the same type of problems.

Favorite Features

Nothing.

Suggested Improvements

Do a better quality control at the factory.

Problems
By red_express

2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am posting this providing information due to problems with the dodge journey. People say it fails to start when turning the key yet all the lights come on, (dead battery syndrome), if you have an immobolizer equipped remove it , they new immobolizers are built so they can be activate which shuts down the vehicles . This is a problem because it malfunctions causing the ignition not to engage and loss of power as some say, the dead battery syndrome also happens on my 2001 dodge ram 1500, my brothers 1994 dodge neon and the work truck a 2005 gmc sierra all have immobolizers and this is what is causing the problem. Do not do it all the time but the odd time when u least expect it!

Great Vehicle!
By brian178

2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I cannot honestly find anything not to like about my 2011 Dodge Journey R/T. Styling is great. Even though its a CUV, it retains much of the muscle appeal of the Charger/Challenger. The interior is very well thought out. Touch screen works flawlessly and very fast. Tons of storage space. Third row is small, but when folded down there is ample space for gear while still maintaining room for 4 adults to fit comfortably. I have found the engine/transmission to be quick and quiet. It's no V-8 Hemi but it will move with some giddy-up when pushed. I've had it up to over 100mph with two bikes on the roof, two passengers, the back full of gear, and it didn't hesitate getting there either.

Favorite Features

LOVE the Uconnect system. Bluetooth, iPod, Navi, CD/DVD, SD card: done. Fast, easy to learn, and easily readable screen. Tons of hidden storage. Bins in rear floor have removable inserts to drain or clean. These are great for soda and ice, a wet wetsuit, or anything else you can imagine. Storage below the passenger seat is brilliant. For me, the best feature is the fact that its a CUV. Car platform but has room for all your gear: Bike, surf, camp, whatever. I recommend this CUV to anyone who loves the road trip. And especially, it you, like me, need to tote your gear.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe retuning the computer to have peak HP lower in RPM range. It would be nice to get into those horses a little earlier when accelerating.

WHY ARE THE TIRES/BRAKES ON THIS CAR SO BAD??? and
By candy101

2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I HAVE NEVER Prayed for my warranty to expire EVER on any car; but that's just what I did with this car! Hands down it is the best car as far as size, comfort, sporty even. But, there is NO REASON, I should be looking at buying ANOTHER set of tires and BRAKES! I have 35,000 miles and need them again. I replaced all 4 tires at 17,000 miles and the brakes then too. THIS IS A defect! And from what I can tell with reading other reviews, ITS NOT ME! When I go to have my oil changed the attendants will call over their buddies to see the car that needs its third set of tires and third set of brakes. IT's STUPID. Not to mention the Rear transaxel went out at 15,000. Get a chevy!

Favorite Features

LOVE THE SEATING, space. SUNROOF. Radio cant be beat, same one is in the volkswagon. I love the Chrysler/dodge products and was RAISED on them, but I can tell you this is my last! I cant wait to pay it off and get rid of it; such a shame! I love driving this car, I love everything else about it!!! I will miss it dearly but I CANT STAND the money I am spending every couple of months on things I SHOULD NOT BE REPLACING!

Suggested Improvements

There is only one make/size of tire for this car and it is about $250.00 a peice! I found them online and had them delivered to my house and the dealer put them on for a savings of $300.00. but I cant believe that about 20,000 miles later I am looking at doing it all over again! My last car I never even replaced the tires or the brakes on it ever. I have a Chrysler minivan 05 that I drive for work with 105,000 miles on it. I have never had the brakes replaced or new tires put on it, I started driving it at 35,000 miles. Its great. But this cars tires and brakes are a mess and Dodge needs to do something about it!!!