Used 2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

78K and still no problems
By journeyguy

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Journey brand new in 2011. This vehicle has been great so far. I too have had some of the same issues that I see here. Had to replace tires at 30k this is not unusual do your research all manufacturers put cheap tires on new cars. I did replace all 4 brake pads and rotors at about 50k n new problems. This vehicle is comfortable, safe and affordable I would recommend one to anyone. I cant wait to get another one in 2 years....

Power of the V6 engine. Large display for radio.

Dont buy this car
By samaro

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since I purchased this vehicle in September of 2011 Iíve had problems from the radio not working, power outlets not working, bad cylinder heads, bad gas tank and fuel pump. According to the technician at the dealer the Journey has a problem with the cylinder going bed within the first year. The fuel pump had to be replaced twice. The first time they replace it I broke down in the middle of the freeway 3 days later with my family in the vehicle. The breaks and steering wheel locked up and the vehicle shutoff. I was a sitting duck waiting to be hit be oncoming vehicle s. I had the vehicle towed back to the dealer and 3 days later Iím told that the vehicle is fixed but I need to replace the b

The Aux and USB ports.

Build a more reliable vehicle

worst car ever owned
By moose5506

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This has been the worst 18 months of my driving life! I have had my third set of brakes just put on my car...I have 21,000 miles! I have had my radio replaced, I have random transmission shifts, no acceleration, and crappy tires! I have had my car into the shop NINE times in 18 months! I am always on the phone with the complaint line, and no one gives a crap about me or the crappy car! When my brakes fail, and I kill someone, I hope the people at Dodge are happy! I was told to talk to the owner of the dealer where I bought it....like that will do any good! IT's just horrible!

the horsepower....I do like that

stop making them!

Fuel System Problems
By truevfib

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Journey in Sept. Since then it has been in the shop 10 times. I cannot fuel my vehicle to full. It generally stops around 3/4. They have replaced everthing there is to replace. Then Crysler tells us that they are aware of the problem and that they "may" have a solution in July 2012. I asked for a replacement vehicle, within the NC Lemon Law statues and they denied me. I have a lawyer working on a claim. Crysler has been very ugly in this matter. Plus I have had to have all the brakes and roters replaced at 700 miles. If you are looking at this vehicle to purchase save yourself the heart ache and buy something else.

First dodge
By powemicj

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this SUV for about 2 months and have put 2500 miles on and I love it. It fits the family and the 3 dogs comfortably.

All the led lights, touch screen radio, sliding rear seat and the huge cargo well in the back

memory drivers seats