Used 2011 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Amazing FAMILY car!!! Love Love!!!
By Jessica

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Best car I have ever owned even pulls my trailer great! I have nothing bad to say

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Ricardo

2011 Dodge Journey Express 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Please do not buy this car. The car stalled on us 5 times in the past year while driving, very dangerous! All 5 times we took it to the dealer and were told there was nothing wrong. This last time it happened, we were stranded in Mexico till a relative who owns the exact same model went to the location we were stranded at and did something to the engine since he has experienced the same issue. We took the car straight to the dealer when we got back from our trip, when we picked it up after once again being told nothing was wrong, we drove across the street to the Kia Dealer, turned in the car for a Kia Soul.

My Journey
By Nicole Retzlaff

2011 Dodge Journey Lux 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I absloutely love my journey. I have taken it on road trips and the gas mileage is way better then what the sheet says. Highway I am averaging 30.8 mpg, and the city is 23.3 mpg. I had a 2011 Chrysler 200 and I would not change purchasing my car. I have a Great Dane, Rottweiler and Border Collie...all three fit with ample amounts of room compared to my 200. Awesome storage for their toys, food and water. Love this car!!!

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Chris Schumacher

2011 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Journey used (2 years old with 18k miles.) We've put 10k miles on it in those 2 years. We put Toyo tires on it about a year ago. The tires they put on all the new cars are crap. We put Toyos on our last vehicle, a 2002 Dodge Intrepid and they lasted five years. We also just put new brakes and rotors on. The rotors had warped. Apparently that's a common issue with the Journeys. We put cross drilled rotors and ceramic brake pads on. Well worth the money- keeps the rotors from getting too hot and warping.

78K and still no problems
By journeyguy

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Journey brand new in 2011. This vehicle has been great so far. I too have had some of the same issues that I see here. Had to replace tires at 30k this is not unusual do your research all manufacturers put cheap tires on new cars. I did replace all 4 brake pads and rotors at about 50k n new problems. This vehicle is comfortable, safe and affordable I would recommend one to anyone. I cant wait to get another one in 2 years....

Power of the V6 engine. Large display for radio.