2011 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Glad I leased it
By checkfirst on 08/04/13 10:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey Lux 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Worst vehicle I've operated. I am only happy I leased it and didn't have to keep it. Bad news was I broke my lease early because it was in the shop for major repairs too often, LEMON. New brakes and rotors after 9500 miles, really. Check engine light twice came on for camshaft issues, really. The last and final time before trading it in was it lost one of the cylinders...REALLY! Too many major problems for this SUV as well as the poor fit and finish of exterior panels. Cut my finger on the rear door edge plate. I had to sand it smooth so not to do it again. Traded after only 28 months and less than 23,000 miles. Very happy w/my new 2013 Toyota Rav4.

Dodge Journey Nightmare
By journeyjunker on 05/20/13 16:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Three visits to install trailer hitch. Four visits to fiX sound system (replaced) 5/20/12 - 14,500 miles brake rotors warped - replaced at cost to me of $50. after contacting Chrysler to complain. July 2012 - Slow leak in sidewall of cheap tires after rotation at dealer. Cannot be repaired. Front tires scalloped. 4 new tires = $800. January 2013 - Check engine light on - Cylinder head replaced. February 2013 - Check engine light on - Re-program powertrain control module. May 2013 - Check engine light on - Oil pump on back order. Brake rotors warping again.

Attitude of it's own
By badcarday1 on 02/21/13 11:28 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car in general is the perfect car for my family. Unfoutunatly the last month, the Front passenger door refuses to close. I believe it is the cold weather causing something to freeze up and cause a died door syndrom. After about 20-30 minutes the door "resets" itself. It has been to the dealer four times now and they dont understand what is wrong. They have contacted a Dodge engineer, they did what he instructed and it agian is acting up. Just about feed up, rather riduculous that I have to have my seven year old hold the door as I hold him to get this thing to the shop 20 miles away, for no one to know what the problem is. I can not be alone on this one, am I?

2011 Journey AWD - Sixth Chrysler/Dodge Vehicle is a Disaster
By michiganmom on 02/11/13 12:39 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I admit, I made the mistake of trading in an 08 Chrysler Aspen with no problems (60,000 miles) for the 2011 Journey AWD in the hopes of better gas mileage. DUMB!!! Gas Mileage: 12 avg. mpg in the city & 15.8 avg. mpg on the hwy. Sound System: Broken CD player, stations change when traveling over a bump, no sound due to poor wiring located under passenger seat. OE Tires: Worn pre-maturely, Over $1000.00 to replace on a lease, unusual size & hard to find. Remote keys and push button start not communicating - car would not start Constant brake noise and grinding after 100 miles. Accelerator stopped working while driving 70 on a hwy - car died on hwy with kids in the vehicle. Lemon??

Don't Buy One
By arcop223 on 01/15/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve had this car about two years. The oddball tire size makes tires very expensive (tires are cheaper for my 1 ton 4X4). We are on our third radio system. The amp has been replaced twice, now the backup camera has quiet. Check Engine light keeps coming on with a code for a miss-fire. And as of recent, the front end sounds like something is breaking lose every time you get on the breaks’. This car has 24000 miles on it. The electronic gremlins live in this car. At my job we have a lot of new Dodge cars; most of them have the same type of problems.

Dont buy this car
By samaro on 01/11/13 13:28 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Since I purchased this vehicle in September of 2011 I’ve had problems from the radio not working, power outlets not working, bad cylinder heads, bad gas tank and fuel pump. According to the technician at the dealer the Journey has a problem with the cylinder going bed within the first year. The fuel pump had to be replaced twice. The first time they replace it I broke down in the middle of the freeway 3 days later with my family in the vehicle. The breaks and steering wheel locked up and the vehicle shutoff. I was a sitting duck waiting to be hit be oncoming vehicle s. I had the vehicle towed back to the dealer and 3 days later I’m told that the vehicle is fixed but I need to replace the b

worst car ever owned
By moose5506 on 11/07/12 17:46 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This has been the worst 18 months of my driving life! I have had my third set of brakes just put on my car...I have 21,000 miles! I have had my radio replaced, I have random transmission shifts, no acceleration, and crappy tires! I have had my car into the shop NINE times in 18 months! I am always on the phone with the complaint line, and no one gives a crap about me or the crappy car! When my brakes fail, and I kill someone, I hope the people at Dodge are happy! I was told to talk to the owner of the dealer where I bought it....like that will do any good! IT's just horrible!

Dodge journey is a Lemon
By molly32 on 09/17/12 07:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The worst car ever! I have had three sets of brakes and rotor under 25k I have had squeacky windows repaired several times radio has a mind of its own. I am at 27k now and brakes are bad again! now when I start it it makes a clicking noise and I have no idea what that is. the tires are bald and they some wierd brand of tire that costs $250 per tire plus installation and they are on backorder everywhere! I tried to get them take it back and they wont and not to mention that the car is work a fraction of what I paid I have the crew and it is now valued at 14,000 dollars so I cant even get rid of it. I called an attorney who said I have a good case but turns out I don't Chrysler only offered 25k

2011 Journey Impresses
By zsoupnazi on 07/22/12 12:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first review, but felt compelled based on my impressions from our Journey. We have had our Journey for 14 months and have put on a whopping 34,00 miles. I have been extremely impressed. In the past we have owned a Durango, Envoy, and Pathfinder. Our Journey has been far and away the best. We have the 6 cylinder and the gas mileage has been fantastic. Just this week we took an instate 300 mile trip and got an incredible 28.8 mpg while the cruise was set at 77-78 mph. I know of no other SUV with a 6 cylinder that can hit these numbers. We have not had a single problem with our vehicle and have lots of extras on it with touchscreen, navigation, 3rd row, and sunroof. Big thumbs up!

Can't take a journey in my journey
By no_joyride on 06/26/12 15:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well they say when life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but that's not always as easy as said and done. I purchased my 2010 dodge journey rt. About 2 yrs ago. Since then I too have had it in the shop more than my own garage. ( it is in the shop now.) I have the problem of the random not starting. "dead battery syndrome" as they call it. I too have tried to jump the car with no luck. Then all of a sudden it will just start. Dodge also tells me they can't find anything wrong and sends me on my way. They did however on my last visit and this visit tell it needed a computer update and that should fix the problem. Well it didn't the last time so I am not holding my breath this time.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$126 per month*