Used 2011 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Chris Schumacher

2011 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Journey used (2 years old with 18k miles.) We've put 10k miles on it in those 2 years. We put Toyo tires on it about a year ago. The tires they put on all the new cars are crap. We put Toyos on our last vehicle, a 2002 Dodge Intrepid and they lasted five years. We also just put new brakes and rotors on. The rotors had warped. Apparently that's a common issue with the Journeys. We put cross drilled rotors and ceramic brake pads on. Well worth the money- keeps the rotors from getting too hot and warping.

78K and still no problems
By journeyguy

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Journey brand new in 2011. This vehicle has been great so far. I too have had some of the same issues that I see here. Had to replace tires at 30k this is not unusual do your research all manufacturers put cheap tires on new cars. I did replace all 4 brake pads and rotors at about 50k n new problems. This vehicle is comfortable, safe and affordable I would recommend one to anyone. I cant wait to get another one in 2 years....

Power of the V6 engine. Large display for radio.

Glad I leased it
By checkfirst

2011 Dodge Journey Lux 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Worst vehicle I've operated. I am only happy I leased it and didn't have to keep it. Bad news was I broke my lease early because it was in the shop for major repairs too often, LEMON. New brakes and rotors after 9500 miles, really. Check engine light twice came on for camshaft issues, really. The last and final time before trading it in was it lost one of the cylinders...REALLY! Too many major problems for this SUV as well as the poor fit and finish of exterior panels. Cut my finger on the rear door edge plate. I had to sand it smooth so not to do it again. Traded after only 28 months and less than 23,000 miles. Very happy w/my new 2013 Toyota Rav4.

Interior design and looks.

Improve quality control at the factory. After my problems and the other reviews it is apparent this vehicle has major issues and many of them are the same. Hopefully they corrected these issues with the 2012 and 2013 models.

Dodge Journey Nightmare
By journeyjunker

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Three visits to install trailer hitch. Four visits to fiX sound system (replaced) 5/20/12 - 14,500 miles brake rotors warped - replaced at cost to me of $50. after contacting Chrysler to complain. July 2012 - Slow leak in sidewall of cheap tires after rotation at dealer. Cannot be repaired. Front tires scalloped. 4 new tires = $800. January 2013 - Check engine light on - Cylinder head replaced. February 2013 - Check engine light on - Re-program powertrain control module. May 2013 - Check engine light on - Oil pump on back order. Brake rotors warping again.

None

Stop selling this piece of junk. I'm trading it in a taking a huge $$$ loss for a vehicle that isn't in the shop every 2 months.

Attitude of it's own
By badcarday1

2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car in general is the perfect car for my family. Unfoutunatly the last month, the Front passenger door refuses to close. I believe it is the cold weather causing something to freeze up and cause a died door syndrom. After about 20-30 minutes the door "resets" itself. It has been to the dealer four times now and they dont understand what is wrong. They have contacted a Dodge engineer, they did what he instructed and it agian is acting up. Just about feed up, rather riduculous that I have to have my seven year old hold the door as I hold him to get this thing to the shop 20 miles away, for no one to know what the problem is. I can not be alone on this one, am I?

Interior space and interior design