worth the price... of my base Journey
By carmudgin on
2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I've had the Journey 6 months and have put 23,000km on it. It has had no issues, everything has worked perfectly so far. I'm glad we got the 4cyl with gas prices nowadays. My other car is a Chevy Tahoe and the Journey is way better on gas, way smoother ride. It handles bumps extremely well, and when i need to weave in and out of traffic while doing 130km/hr it handles great. I feel confident driving it. The car feels like a more expensive vehicle and I'm sure that's because it was designed by Mercedes while they owned Chrysler.
Favorite Features
-great mileage, smooth ride, and the storage bins, esp the compartment for drinks that chills your drinks. -good price....zero percent financing over 36 months. -youconnect blue tooth phone handsfree option...it works great. -and the traction control....finally i got to test it in the snow and i was amazed at how you cant wipe out. If you are going around a corner and stomp on the gas, the car wont allow you to spin out. Perfect for anyone terrified by driving in the snow.
Suggested Improvements
I wish it had a power trunk.
By lewisf
on 01/16/11 17:21 PM (PST)

I might buy a Dodge Journey. Are you still happy with your Journey? Can you give me details on your experience with your Journey so far? Thanks!

By strat1163
on 07/26/11 12:15 PM (PDT)

DO NOT BUY A JOURNEY. I owned a 2009 journey and had many problems including engine stalls, transmission replaced, water leaks, paint issues, recall on brakes, interior pieces falling off, Rusting stainless tailpipes, recall on steering rack, poor MPG...like 14-15mpg for a v6???. I absolutely baby all of my vehicles including a 1969 GTX, 1971 swinger 383 and a 2004 srt4. I am a mopar freak but I just traded this POS Journey for a reliable import vehicle. No more newer MOPARS for me....they are junk.

By rctpeel
on 08/15/11 12:29 PM (PDT)

All of the negative reviews have me scared of buying a 2009 SXT. I found one for a god price and my wife loves it but upon further research, I am worried. Was anything done to the 2010 models to fix the brake problems many posters have commented on for the '09? Please let me know. I don't want to make a big mistake.