What a SCARE
By mhcpc on
2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I have 5800 miles on my Journey. The other day, I was on the interstate, in the left lane with no traffic in front of me. All of a sudden, my engine light and traction control light comes on and the car starts loosing power and shaking violently. The car slowed to 30mph within seconds. I managed to get it to the side of the interstate and had it towed to the dealership. They claim I hit the gas and brake at the same time causing the traction control to lock and the engine light to come on. A mechanic tells me this is not true! Also, my foot won't hit both at the same time. I tried it after they told me. They did say they found a problem with the brake rotors and replaced them.
By strat1163
on 07/26/11 12:20 PM (PDT)

I owned a 2009 journey and had many problems including engine stalls, transmission replaced, water leaks, paint issues, recall on brakes, interior pieces falling off, Rusting stainless tailpipes, recall on steering rack, poor MPG...like 14-15mpg for a v6???. Problems are not due to negligence.....I absolutely baby all of my vehicles including a 1969 dodge GTX, 1971 swinger 383 and a 2004 dodge srt4. I am a mopar freak but I just traded this POS Journey for a reliable import vehicle. No more newer MOPARS for me....they are junk.