Way ahead of whatever is in 2nd place
By 1992viper on
2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Had an '04 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and just loved it! Thought we'd like a Mercedes - bought an '08 E350 4-Matic. Super car but missed the SUV. Wanted 3 row seats for grandkids, reasonable economy, comfort, conveinence, versatility, etc. Looked at everything out there within reason. Thought the Jouney is the best bang for the buck. The Mazda CX-9 was nice but too big for the wife. This Journey does not disappoint - super quiet, very comfortable, and easy to enter and exit. Would like memory seats/mirrors and a heated steering wheel that we had before but.....all else is excellent. Black R/T AWD, NAV, back-up camera, DVD Player, everything. Best move we made in 46 years of marriage!
Favorite Features
Conservative handsome style, comfort, convenience, versatility, ride, room, abundant storage space, front and rear heat and a/c, just does everything we expected. It's not a sports car but we are pleased with the performance (235HP V6) and handling. Glad we didn't put a lot of faith in the negative reviews or Edmunds for that matter. We DO recommend it!
Suggested Improvements
Would like memory seats/mirrors and a heated steering wheel as options. Kinda picky but once you have 'em, you like 'em. We also would like the transmission to downshift a little sooner when going up a slight grade - loses about 5 mph before it kicks in. A little foot feed fixes that.
By 1992viper
on 08/01/11 18:33 PM (PDT)

To strat1163: I will let you know but so far it is the best vehicle we have ever owned.........period! Have now had for over 6 months and have had it back to the dealer one time - for an oil change. Too bad you didn't have similar success with yours. Like I said in my header "It's way ahead of whatever is in 2nd place".

By strat1163
on 07/26/11 12:11 PM (PDT)

I owned a 2009 journey and had many problems including engine stalls, transmission replaced, water leaks, paint issues, recall on brakes, interior pieces falling off, Rusting stainless tailpipes, recall on steering rack, poor MPG...like 14-15mpg for a v6???. I absolutely baby all of my vehicles including a 1969 GTX, 1971 swinger 383 and a 2004 srt4. I am a mopar freak but I just traded this POS Journey for a reliable import vehicle. No more newer MOPARS for me....they are junk. You traded in a Porsche for a Dodge!!! Just wait and see how wonderful your POS is....trust me. In a year or two you will have traded it in for that Mercedes.