What a SCARE
By mhcpc on
2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I have 5800 miles on my Journey. The other day, I was on the interstate, in the left lane with no traffic in front of me. All of a sudden, my engine light and traction control light comes on and the car starts loosing power and shaking violently. The car slowed to 30mph within seconds. I managed to get it to the side of the interstate and had it towed to the dealership. They claim I hit the gas and brake at the same time causing the traction control to lock and the engine light to come on. A mechanic tells me this is not true! Also, my foot won't hit both at the same time. I tried it after they told me. They did say they found a problem with the brake rotors and replaced them.
By strat1163
on 07/26/11 12:20 PM (PDT)

I owned a 2009 journey and had many problems including engine stalls, transmission replaced, water leaks, paint issues, recall on brakes, interior pieces falling off, Rusting stainless tailpipes, recall on steering rack, poor MPG...like 14-15mpg for a v6???. Problems are not due to negligence.....I absolutely baby all of my vehicles including a 1969 dodge GTX, 1971 swinger 383 and a 2004 dodge srt4. I am a mopar freak but I just traded this POS Journey for a reliable import vehicle. No more newer MOPARS for me....they are junk.

By laqudis
on 10/08/14 03:16 AM (PDT)

I would bet you it was one of two things...Me and my fiancée had a very similar problem, after repeatedly taking it to the dealer, we discovered it was either a timing belt or chain issue...or you have a oil level sensor that is going bad. If your oil gets too low in those vehicles, or its leaking, it will cause your tracking light and your engine light to come on at the same time. If your timing belt is off, you will lose oil. Or you may not even know your oil is low as hour sensor is telling you its fine...