Great Ride and Good Economy
By rotorbob on
2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
After delivering mail for 18 years, mostly out of Mopar minivans, I looked forward to driving a smaller, more efficient car with features I like most: economy, comfort and quality of build. I found all those in my Journey. The only things I've found fault with are 1) the transmission is balky in either the select shift mode or the full automatic mode. It is slow to shift, but very smooth; and 2) the ignition key is VERY VERY fragile. Who's idiotic idea was it to make such a cruddy key that costs over 200 to replace after only 29 months? They really need to re-think the ignition keys with all the needless bells and whistles. Just give me a simple metal key that starts the car!
Favorite Features
6 CD changer is MP3 capable...more than 12 hours of music on ONE CD!!! I also like the power inverter but it is very modest...won't power a portable vacuum cleaner designed for light utility work (like cleaning the inside of the car). Plenty of storage space...you can even put ice in the rear seat's floor spaces to keep drinks COLD.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the insipid electronic key! Or make it more robust, capable of being carried around in a man's pants pocket with a pair of clippers and some change and survive that "torture test" for more than 29 months! This car came with Kumho tires. They rode smooth but wore like erasers! Why not put a premium tire on a car like this. We deserve better than Korean crud.