DON'T BUY A DODGE/CHRYSLER VEHICLE
By sunheat79 on
2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased this Journey SXT AWD in August of 2010 with the Premium Sound Package, and Bluetooth hands free calling option as well. At 3,000 miles there was a violent shake in the front end...the rotors had to be replaced. At 4,000 miles there was an awful whistling noise, which turned out to be the mirror. That was replaced and at the same time I started having problems with the facotry installed options...had the vehicle in 4 times...is now at the dealership for the 5th time for the issue. I've tried to work with Dodge on replacing the vehicle and they've been nothing less than outrageously disrespectful with no concern of customer satisfaction. There has also been a recall.
Favorite Features
This vehicle is great in the snow...rides nicely...is overall a good investment; that is if the vehicle is without issues...unlike the one I purchased.
Suggested Improvements
I suggest that Dodge sets aside what is written in ink to work with their customers to ensure satisfaction. I couldn't express with words how frustrated I am with Chrysler. I am currently in litigation with them in the court system with hopes that they will buy back the vehicle. I have missed many hours of work bringing the vehicle to the dealership to be fixed, and spent countless hours on hold waiting to speak with someone who might be able to offer me an explanantion as to why my issues were being minimized and ignored...only to be told there's no one I could speak with.
By 1992viper
on 02/19/11 14:43 PM (PST)

It sure would be helpful if this owner identified his specific issues. Very vague - just indicates factory installed options as having problems. What options? What problems? A mirror that caused a whistle? How? The brakes I can understand but the other problems seem bogus. I think this guy is grappling for straws in trying to get out of ownership. I'd pay no attention to this review.

By strat1163
on 07/26/11 12:07 PM (PDT)

I owned a 2009 journey and had many problems including engine stalls, transmission replaced, water leaks, paint issues, recall on brakes, interior pieces falling off, Rusting stainless tailpipes, recall on steering rack, poor MPG...like 14-15mpg for a v6???. I absolutely baby all of my vehicles including a 1969 GTX, 1971 swinger 383 and a 2004 srt4. I am a mopar freak but I just traded this POS Journey for a reliable import vehicle. No more newer MOPARS for me....they are junk.