Used 2010 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Unhappy in becida
By unhappy in becida

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Dodge Journey 2010 and we started jerking back and forward when you get to about 55/60 mph this started a month we got it . Now it's been three weeks that they have had it and still don't know what is wrong with it. Wish we had kept our van.

Rather have my Jeep back!
By Rather have my Jeep

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had to have the car repainted due to faulty paint at factory. At 30,000 miles we had to replace front and back rotors and pads. There is a shimmy in the chassis from a newly diagnosed "bad Kumho tire" that only costs $267.00 per tire to repair. Beware! Cannot buy any other tire for the 19" rims other than kumho. This was not disclosed at purchase.

Stereo system, GPS Those things should keep me safe on the road when everything else breaks down.

Do not lock buyer into the choice of only one tire company. Provide safer and longer lasting rotors and brakes. I have filed a complaint with Chrysler and the NHSTA (National Highway Safety Transportation Administration). We need to get someones attention.

Journey
By Journey

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the nicest or shall I say the most expensive Journey. My Dodge Journey has been a nightmare. At 10,000 miles I needed new rotors at 11,000 new brake pads and now at 21,000 new rotors again. My computer box is going out, when I start the car nothing works. IO have to turn it off, wait and restart it. The trans mission hums when sitting at a stop light. I can't even back out of my driveway because if I over extend the wheel a tad it makes a very loud grinding noise. I have had some other parts on the turning wheel parts replaced. My car has been in the shop more than I have had it. Then it comes back with the same problems. The visibility is so bad I have a hard time backing up.

Heated site, auto start

Visibility, turning radius. Rotors & pads. Everything

Travel to Cancun
By Gabo

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In march 2010 traveled in Mexico , ags city to Cancun aprox 5000 km in my journey rt 2010 and don't have a problem, excellent travel with my family 5 adults and 2 babies now had a almost 16,000 km and I'm very happy, i live in mexico .

1 month old, so far, SUPER, We love it
By W & S Love

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2004 300M, loaded. I have not missed it yet. The options on the Journey we purchased fulfills our most needed feature. Easy entry and exit to the vehicle. We are retired and have leg and knee problems. It was getting very hard to get in and out of the 300M. It sat too low to the ground. We do have 19" wheels on our Journey SXT so it is just the right height to get in and out without having to bend the legs much at all. So Far, we love the ride, looks and quality. My daughter bought a loaded used 2009 Journey R/T the next day after we bought our new one. She loves it. She traded in a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Limited and says she likes the Journey better than she did it.

Favorite Feature: Easy entry and exit. People with any leg or knee problems make it difficult getting in and out of a car. Drives so smooth, quiet and easy handling. The Journey fits the bill for what we needed and were looking for. Price was as good as we could find for what we were looking for.

Larger or more comfortable seats would improve the interior a lot. Just too plain looking. Jazz it up a bit. I am real nervous about the electrical and brake problems I am reading and hearing about. I have known our dealer for over 40 years and confident he will do every thing he can for us.