2010 Dodge Journey SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2010 Journey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Sort Reviews by

The best Dodge ever
By Alex Povolotski

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove this beast earlier today. Very comfy suspension, eats up all the imperfections of the road. They borrowed it from Mercedes and I like that. The 3.5 L engine is adequately powered, 6 speed transmission is very smooth. Noise both from the road and the engine is nicely hushed. The instrument panel is new electroluminescent, controls are well laid out. Trunk is huge, third row of seats are useless, so don't take that option. Drives very nicely overall. Was positively surprised. Got a respectable 19 MPG, good for mid-sized SUV/CUV/Wagon.

Favorite Features

Cushy noise-free serene Mercedes-like ride. Lots of storage everywhere throughout the car, good gas mileage, nice looks, adequate power, super smooth transmission, well designed suspension. And all of this for 1/2 $$ less than Ford Flex! Just compare the monthly payments!

Suggested Improvements

Some buttons feel flimsy, especially those that control climate control. Get a pneumatic hood holder like in normal cars!

Journey R/T 2WD with all options
By andy

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have about 8000 mi on car have had no problems with car except a small squeak in right dashboard . Love all the electronic gadgets an hookups

Favorite Features

dvd, ipod hookup, sirius, tv, download own pictures, 110 V outlet for games, etc

Suggested Improvements

hate!hate! hate! the stupid stalks for headlights wipers etc. Interior looks ok but I like the wood look

Favorite car I've owned so far.
By ender626

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was shopping for a mid-size SUV and pretty much looked at what every major car company had to offer in the $25,000 dollar range. I love this car because its style is timeless, not too boxy and not too round. The SXT is also a V6, which is great. I test drove the SE model and found that the V4 wasn't powerful enough for the weight of the car. Test drive them both!

Favorite Features

All of the gadgets: auto-dimming rear view mirror, electric driver's seat adjustment, lit cup holders, wide angle mirror (built into sunglasses holder) to view your kids in the back seat, numerous cargo compartments, etc.

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel blocks your view of the gauges, kind of pain!

Quiet, very Quiet
By sherian4746@yahoo.com

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought the Journey because it was the most reasonably priced cross-over out there and I have been nothing but pleasingly surprised at the quality. It is the most quiet ride I have had in any vehicle for a long time. It looks great and is a blast to drive. Only downside is that I can't find any aftermarket wheels to fit. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

Favorite Features

exterior styling, interior room I think this vehicle will be very reliable judging from past Chrysler products

Suggested Improvements

dash looks a little cheap

Satisfied
By satisfied

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. This car makes me happier then any car i previously owned. it has everything you could possibly need to be comfortable and feel safe. just read it has a 5 star rating for both driver and front passenger. Airbags in places i never thought of and there are always 5 of us in the car. Fits seven very comfortably. hidden compartments everywhere.

Favorite Features

Kids love the SATV channels. they hop in and put on their ear phones and i get to listen to my music too. interconnect phone and Navigation too. What else could i possibly want?

Suggested Improvements

can't think of one thing

LOVE THE CAR
By Steve NY

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Switched from a short wheel based Town & Country. Love the style. Handles great. $ cyl not as responsive as 6, but I need better mileage.

Favorite Features

I like the looks of this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The interior (in the SE base) looks cheap and plasticky. I know its the base but really, for a $24,000 sticker Dodge can do better.

3 boosters
By Kgarzia

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new car. We downsized from a 2003 expedition and I really don't miss the extra room. I can fit all three booster seats in the second row. My kids have plenty of room and it is easier to get them buckled in. There is even plenty of room for our Great Dane in the back. Looking forward to camping and canoe trips this spring.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for seating. Drivers seat is height adjustable. Love the radio and ipod hookups. Very quite ride. Cloth seats seem very durable unlike some of the other cars we looked at. Love all the storage compartments. Will be great for travel.

Suggested Improvements

MPG of course. Sometimes the steering wheel obscures the guages. Seats could be a little more comfortable.

Enjoy it More Every Day
By D-Man

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this car. Decent power makes it fun to drive and a very practical interior serves my family of five perfectly. With three rows of seats I can keep my teenage daughter and two younger sons peacefully separated. I can also fold down the seats in a variety of configurations satisfying most of my errand run needs. While I've only had this car for just under 3 months and about 3000 miles, there has yet to be a single issue. Build quality is remarkably good for a brand that is often criticized in this regard. There isn't a single buzz, rattle, or squeak. It just feels smooth and solid.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet ride. Storage and cargo handling options. Decent power. Nice exterior styling. Love the Deep Water Blue Pearl paint!

Suggested Improvements

Improve rear visibility which is hindered mostly by tall headrests on second & third row seats. Make the middle row of seats completely removable.

I love this car!
By Kathy

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T Fleet 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 02/10 (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In November I went car shopping, tried this car & loved it. After I bought it, I read the 2009 reviews & thought what have I done. This vehicle is very roomy & comfortable. The price was right and gas mileage is good. Very quiet & comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

Interior is roomy, the front window has the windshield of a van & I can see everything clearly w/out bending & twisting my neck & head.

Suggested Improvements

can't think of anything.

dodge journey
By dodge

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i enjoy driving yhe car it is very comfortable and get good highway mileage 25.8 on a 900 mile trip. the quality of fit and finish is excellent.this car is chryslers best kept secret.

Favorite Features

large interior room for hauling bulky items the l.e.d. lighting is cool.

Suggested Improvements

radio controls should be on the front of the steering wheel.radio location stinks. i cant figure out why it has a automatic dimming mirror with the dark tinted glass. the lugage rack should be in the trailer towing group not in an option 1 grp.