Used 2010 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

DON'T BUY A DODGE/CHRYSLER VEHICLE
By sunheat79

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this Journey SXT AWD in August of 2010 with the Premium Sound Package, and Bluetooth hands free calling option as well. At 3,000 miles there was a violent shake in the front end...the rotors had to be replaced. At 4,000 miles there was an awful whistling noise, which turned out to be the mirror. That was replaced and at the same time I started having problems with the facotry installed options...had the vehicle in 4 times...is now at the dealership for the 5th time for the issue. I've tried to work with Dodge on replacing the vehicle and they've been nothing less than outrageously disrespectful with no concern of customer satisfaction. There has also been a recall.

This vehicle is great in the snow...rides nicely...is overall a good investment; that is if the vehicle is without issues...unlike the one I purchased.

I suggest that Dodge sets aside what is written in ink to work with their customers to ensure satisfaction. I couldn't express with words how frustrated I am with Chrysler. I am currently in litigation with them in the court system with hopes that they will buy back the vehicle. I have missed many hours of work bringing the vehicle to the dealership to be fixed, and spent countless hours on hold waiting to speak with someone who might be able to offer me an explanantion as to why my issues were being minimized and ignored...only to be told there's no one I could speak with.

Way ahead of whatever is in 2nd place
By 1992viper

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had an '04 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and just loved it!
Thought we'd like a Mercedes - bought an '08 E350 4-Matic.
Super car but missed the SUV.
Wanted 3 row seats for grandkids, reasonable economy, comfort, conveinence, versatility, etc.
Looked at everything out there within reason.
Thought the Jouney is the best bang for the buck.
The Mazda CX-9 was nice but too big for the wife.
This Journey does not disappoint - super quiet, very comfortable, and easy to enter and exit.
Would like memory seats/mirrors and a heated steering wheel that we had before but.....all else is excellent.
Black R/T AWD, NAV, back-up camera, DVD Player, everything.
Best move we made in 46 years of marriage!

Conservative handsome style, comfort, convenience, versatility, ride, room, abundant storage space, front and rear heat and a/c, just does everything we expected. It's not a sports car but we are pleased with the performance (235HP V6) and handling. Glad we didn't put a lot of faith in the negative reviews or Edmunds for that matter. We DO recommend it!

Would like memory seats/mirrors and a heated steering wheel as options. Kinda picky but once you have 'em, you like 'em. We also would like the transmission to downshift a little sooner when going up a slight grade - loses about 5 mph before it kicks in. A little foot feed fixes that.

Fun and reliable
By dsueoka

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We shopped for vehicles for about a year.
The wife did not know what she wanted.
We looked at trucks, vans, SUVs and cars.
She finally settled on the Dodge Journey, Chevy Equinox and the Ford Fusion.
I liked the Fusion more, but she won.
The fuel mileage is not the best for in town driving, but for a 6 cylinder is OK.
We are still playing with all of the accessories.
It is a great car to drive.
Just wish we got AWD for the snow we get here.

climate control, third row seats, touch screen radio

better fuel mileage

Possible Lemon
By hfr

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought 2009 Journey in August 2009. Within months, the sun roof leaked and it took several times to fix it. At about 20K the brakes had to be replaced. Dealership replaced at no cost (thankfully).
At about 40K the tires had to be replaced (19" tires are very expensive). Driver side passenger door filled up with water because tape was left on the drain holes. Had to have PTU gasket replaced recently. Cruise control looses 5 to 7 mph going up hill before it increases speed. Dealership says this is normal.
Transmission has a delay in accelleration.
Dealership can't find anything wrong. Currently have 49,000 miles on car. Really like the way it drives and handles but not happy repairs.

Easy to drive; AWD works well in the snow; handles well around corners; touch screen radio and controls; 24 mph on highway

Brake problem should be investigated - several owners have complained. Interior cloth seats not very stain resistant - needs better resistant. Limited tire options and cost needs to be reconsidered.

worth the price... of my base Journey
By carmudgin

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the Journey 6 months and have put 23,000km on it.
It has had no issues, everything has worked perfectly so far. I'm glad we got the 4cyl with gas prices nowadays.
My other car is a Chevy Tahoe and the Journey is way better on gas, way smoother ride.
It handles bumps extremely well, and when i need to weave in and out of traffic while doing 130km/hr it handles great.
I feel confident driving it.
The car feels like a more expensive vehicle and I'm sure that's because it was designed by Mercedes while they owned Chrysler.

-great mileage, smooth ride, and the storage bins, esp the compartment for drinks that chills your drinks. -good price....zero percent financing over 36 months. -youconnect blue tooth phone handsfree option...it works great. -and the traction control....finally i got to test it in the snow and i was amazed at how you cant wipe out. If you are going around a corner and stomp on the gas, the car wont allow you to spin out. Perfect for anyone terrified by driving in the snow.

I wish it had a power trunk.