Used 2010 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Most Helpful|
Caught fire
By bcon

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well the wife needed a 7 passenger auto for the kids. We decided on the journey r/t. After 12k miles needed new breaks. After a year new $211.00 a tire tires. As my wife was driving home she noticed a smoke smell pulled over and the engine compartment was on fire with my 2 year old in the car. Dodge says it's was not their fault but how does a 2009 new car just catch fire. It's impossible to reach any one at Dodge. If you value your life and the life of your family don't buy

Will NEVER buy Dodge again
By mrreviewer

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2009... Dodge has hat in hand looking for help to stay a float.. The Government bails them out.. Being a proud Canadian who loves to support our workers.. I decided to go with the Dodge Journey R/T. Well, with a piece of garbage like that no wonder they needed a bail out. I also hadn't realized this vehicle was assembled in Mexico.. Who knows, someone may have poured tequila in the engine or something as this was a 5 year nightmare. 2 rebuilt engines, new drive train, Hubs, bearings, 4 sets of brakes, problem after problem.. Chrysler would have been in the $40-$50k range in warranty work... Myself, I figure my bills hit the $20k range over 5 years!!!

Favorite Features

Numerous letters to head office got me no where.. I even asked for a replacement... Not a new car, but a reliable one. I guess they couldn't find one of those either. I finally cut my loses and bought a Toyota last week.

Suggested Improvements

Learn how to make reliable vehicles. This was the worst, most frustrating, money wasting experience of my life and will Never purchase anything from Chrysler again. A person works hard, decides to buy his first brand new, off the line vehicle in hopes it will give him and his family at least 8 good years... Damn thing didn't even give me 1.... First engine rebuild at 24,000 kms.

worst car I ever owned
By byejourney10

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2010 journey rt. Awd fully loaded. It was new to me. I bought it 40000 kms. I bought $3000 warranty, but most issues weren't covered. Brakes, front wheel bearings, alternator, key fob x 2, starter, cd / dvd quit working, never fixed it because i was quoted $2000 to rellace, exhaust sensor valve was carbed up replaced, battery wouldn't keep charged, bought new 1, unplugged back flashlight, turned off cooler in dash, etc...still battery issue. Took it to dealer andcorroded electrical, GPS/ hardrive had update done by dealer, GPS quit 1 hour after leaving lot. Hardrive corrupted. Recently it's at dealer again, electrical issues again. I've had enuf! Its outta here.

Favorite Features

Winter driving was great. Looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical needs to be better Too many options for battery Read the internet Dodge company and get the feedback people complain about.

What a SCARE
By mhcpc

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have 5800 miles on my Journey. The other day, I was on the interstate, in the left lane with no traffic in front of me. All of a sudden, my engine light and traction control light comes on and the car starts loosing power and shaking violently. The car slowed to 30mph within seconds. I managed to get it to the side of the interstate and had it towed to the dealership. They claim I hit the gas and brake at the same time causing the traction control to lock and the engine light to come on. A mechanic tells me this is not true! Also, my foot won't hit both at the same time. I tried it after they told me. They did say they found a problem with the brake rotors and replaced them.

This is the worst vehicle
By Sickofitinnc

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all the air bag light should not keep coming on - took it in 8 times and they finally fixed it. Now makes a terrible noise when idling - has cut off on me once and hesitates after cranking. Do not buy this car - I agree an expensive mistake!

Favorite Features

one

Suggested Improvements

Sick of the car - cannot see any good in it because I am so sick of it