Used 2010 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Tin Can
By IHATEDODGE

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a Tin Can. I wished I had read ALL of the reviews before I purchased it. Bad Brakes, Starting problems, CD player does not work. Have to take off Antenna for radio to work properly. Tire sensor broken. All around failure! Help me Toyota!

Favorite Features

Style and Color

Suggested Improvements

Recall them all! I have no faith in the vehicle. I am going to give it back and take the bad credit. Quit my job when the garnish my check. I cannot afford this - I was taken advantage of!

Great Car
By Jim

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2004 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 for the Journey and for the first time in more than 30 years am not driving a pickup. With all seats folded, I can easily carry 8' lumber in the car. On the rare occasion I need to haul more, I use a small utility trailer. In the process, I have a smaller, more economical, and more fun to drive vehicle. The AWD shoud get me through the snow this winter. I went to the dealer expecting to buy a Ford Escape, but left with the Journey. I have not been sorry for a moment I bought the Journey instead. My only real problem is keeping my wife from stealing it and leaving me with her 2008 Taurus (which is a great car, but the Journey is more fun).

Favorite Features

Versatility of the interior (7 passenger, but really 4 adults and 2 kids). Sirius radio. Comfort. Storage space. Value for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Radio and heater controls should be switched - the radio is just too far from sight.

A good Economical Crossover
By priced right

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have read a lot of Edmunds reviews and I have grown weary of their apparent car snobbishness and demand for perfection. There is no perfect vehicle. For the money I find that my new base model Dodge Journey is comfortable, adequately powered, and very roomy. For those who do not expect the moon and the stars from our ride, I find driving the 2010 Journey to be a pleasant experience that is not overshadowed by glaring defects. The ride is comfortable, and for having a four banger under the hood, it does what needs to be done without blocking traffic. Bottom line, the Journey is a satisfactory family SUV that is easy on the budget and will take where you want to go in relative comfort.

Favorite Features

My base model SE came with q touch screen media center that has a 30 GB hard drive. Instead of a CD changer you simply download your favorite CD's for future playback.

Suggested Improvements

The media touch screen is set too low. In fact it is placed far below where most vehicles have their radios. It makes it hard to use while you are driving.

This is the worst vehicle
By Sickofitinnc

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all the air bag light should not keep coming on - took it in 8 times and they finally fixed it. Now makes a terrible noise when idling - has cut off on me once and hesitates after cranking. Do not buy this car - I agree an expensive mistake!

Favorite Features

one

Suggested Improvements

Sick of the car - cannot see any good in it because I am so sick of it

Caught fire
By bcon

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well the wife needed a 7 passenger auto for the kids. We decided on the journey r/t. After 12k miles needed new breaks. After a year new $211.00 a tire tires. As my wife was driving home she noticed a smoke smell pulled over and the engine compartment was on fire with my 2 year old in the car. Dodge says it's was not their fault but how does a 2009 new car just catch fire. It's impossible to reach any one at Dodge. If you value your life and the life of your family don't buy