2010 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
We bought a lemon!
By junk on 06/08/10 04:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased this $30,000 dollar headache, has been in shop 9 times and left us on side the road waiting on a tow. Dodge has only allowed us only one rental, my wife drives an hr to work and has had to buy a $800.00 car so she won't get fired and they have been very rude on the phone. We have had many issues with the journey. We bought a lemon please beware, once they sell them to you they are done they don't care. Thank you, upset in KY.

best SUV
By Ted ODonnell on 06/05/10 15:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just did 3000 km in 3 days and it was fantastic.

Has potential - but flawed
By DaveM on 06/02/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven this SUV for 4100 miles through all sorts of terrain. Good: Interior storage, comfort, & the value. There are plenty of places to put things, & the seats are comfortable for 6-hour stretches. Bad: Ergonomics, handling, power, & transmission. The controls, especially the stalks, are confusing & illogical, making for dangerous situations in heavy rain or using the cruise. Body roll in emergency maneuvers is scary. The engine has too little power for a V-6 and stumbles on acceleration. Transmission programming is so bad I had to shift manually on most hills. Visibility out the rear window is poor. This SUV has potential, but is dangerously flawed. I don't recommend buying.

Silky Smooth, Quiet Ride - Awesome Car!
By Hinterlander on 05/31/10 17:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just finished first 1,000 miles on this dark blue beauty. Six speed auto is very smooth and the engine is responsive and fuel efficient. Round trip fuel economy for holiday weekend 500 mile trip was 26.8 mpg! We love the two zone temperature controls and six cd sound system.

Best Chrysler Ever
By TR on 05/03/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have driven this car for over 20,000 Miles through last year and feel very happy about it. I am surprised to see such a good Chrysler car.

Love the car
By Rose S. on 04/28/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I opted to downsize from my minivan. The car is stylish, comfortable and is considerably quieter than my former car. The cost was considerably less than other comparable SUVs that I looked at for. Driving is smoother, too.

Great Vehicle
By Love It on 04/20/10 07:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in my 2010 Mazda 5 for this beauty. Great ride lots of room. Very quite inside, no road noise. Great fuel economy. Definitely recommend this vehicle.

The best Dodge ever
By Alex Povolotski on 04/13/10 21:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove this beast earlier today. Very comfy suspension, eats up all the imperfections of the road. They borrowed it from Mercedes and I like that. The 3.5 L engine is adequately powered, 6 speed transmission is very smooth. Noise both from the road and the engine is nicely hushed. The instrument panel is new electroluminescent, controls are well laid out. Trunk is huge, third row of seats are useless, so don't take that option. Drives very nicely overall. Was positively surprised. Got a respectable 19 MPG, good for mid-sized SUV/CUV/Wagon.

Journey R/T 2WD with all options
By andy on 04/05/10 20:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have about 8000 mi on car have had no problems with car except a small squeak in right dashboard . Love all the electronic gadgets an hookups

Favorite car I've owned so far.
By ender626 on 03/18/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was shopping for a mid-size SUV and pretty much looked at what every major car company had to offer in the $25,000 dollar range. I love this car because its style is timeless, not too boxy and not too round. The SXT is also a V6, which is great. I test drove the SE model and found that the V4 wasn't powerful enough for the weight of the car. Test drive them both!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Journey Suv in VA is:

$121 per month*