2010 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

2010 Journey Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
bad choice
By raquelle

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an alternative to a minivan and thought I found it in the Dodge Journey. I was very wrong. It's tiny interior doesn't even allow for a space for my compact purse. Cramped and uncomforatble seats. Brakes have had issues since I purchased with premature and uneven wear. Had to replace front and back both at 50K miles. Ignition gets stuck in ACC mode and wont turn to off so when I take key out, it drains battery. Recall work done on that already, but worse since the recall work. Transmission is clunky and always feels like the car is about to shake apart when moving from park to reverse. So very disappointed in this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Sporty exterior look

Suggested Improvements

Stop what you have done and do over!

Great vehicle but questionnable reliability
By xbob7117

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this vehicle. Comfortable, quiet, good performance for the type of vehicle, good road manners, good brakes (No issues yet after 26,000 km), well designed. On the dark side, fuel consumption is high. Up to a couple weeks ago, the only issue was the backup camera that goes crazy when temperature is below freezing. A week ago however, the transmission got wrecked for no reason. The vehicle could no longer move. Was like the brakes were always fully applied. Got to the dealer. Transmission had to be replaced. Completely wrecked inside apparently. It was replaced quickly and successfully. Great service from the dealer. But now my confidence link with the vehicle is broken.

Favorite Features

AWD, traction control, ESP, ABS all in one perfectly implemented. Great vehicle for the winter. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Many small bugs or pitfalls with the navigation and sound system. Noting serious but could have been more matured at no cost. Shock absorbers are too soft, meaning they are not dampening enough. You can sometimes feel the rebound oscillations.

can't fix the shakes
By nemrac

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought 8/2010-Nov 2010 trouble light going on and off-dealer said no codes on computer-drive it. Light on and off more frequent-then stayed on and vehicle shaking- had to pull over-couldn't find problem so dealer drove-decided it was engine-replaced valves,seals, on right-3 days later started all over again- dealer couldn't find problem-drove with computer on-reprogrammed powertrain module - fine til this week light on shaking violently going down highway(had car 1 yr 2 weeks!) dealer/Chrysler said its the other side of the engine-parts BO till Mid Oct!! on a 1 yr old vehicle! Also turned rotors on back this spring and front rotor/ pads in 7/11. Will be in shop total 2 months since Nov!

What a SCARE
By mhcpc

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have 5800 miles on my Journey. The other day, I was on the interstate, in the left lane with no traffic in front of me. All of a sudden, my engine light and traction control light comes on and the car starts loosing power and shaking violently. The car slowed to 30mph within seconds. I managed to get it to the side of the interstate and had it towed to the dealership. They claim I hit the gas and brake at the same time causing the traction control to lock and the engine light to come on. A mechanic tells me this is not true! Also, my foot won't hit both at the same time. I tried it after they told me. They did say they found a problem with the brake rotors and replaced them.

stalls in traffic
By amus

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a p.o.s. Has stalled in oncoming traffic 3 times, brakes are junk. 33,000 miles and chrysler does not car care about the safety of my family or standing by there product. Transmission acts like it is on its way out. I tried to buy an american vehicle, I Knew better than to buy a dodge. $30,000 mistake

Well Worth A Look!!
By westys_4_ever

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car now for 9 months and 14k miles. It is amazing!! I can drive this car all day long and arrive at my destination fresh. Roadtrips, the miles woosh by silently as the V6 purrs along. That 75 mph, it spins along under 2,000 rpm. It returns mpg at that speed 27-28. The interior does have a lot of hard resting spots but is so full of cubbies and storage bins, who cares, really? Two bins under the floor in back, another huge bin in the cargo area under the floor, another bin under the front passenger seat cushion. Cupholders everywhere, door and console. The rear seats recline and move back and forth for legroom. The third row is just for kids though.

Favorite Features

I love the engine and 6 speed auto in this car. They are so smooth and quiet it is very easy to find yourself cruising along at 80 mph while the engine spins at 2200 rpm. I also love, love, love the 30 gb stereo. I can download music into it and never need to use an iPod. There is also a USB jack on the front and an aux. port. Another way cool feature is an actual socket you have in your house. Laptops can be plugged into the car. Uconnect is also way cool. Portable WiFi in your car. The stereo is also a router, if needed and a Bluetooth phone. This car has it all for the professional on the go, like me!

Suggested Improvements

All of my improvement rest on improved materials and design of the interior. And, those are done in the 2011 Journey. If anyone has a chance to get a 2010 Journey used, do it. The car is amazing and well worth a look!!

my dodge journy
By nothappening

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought dodge 2010 (new) was good in start, but have had prob in the last month. Engine light has come on twice from no where and wanted to die on me. shakes crazy going down road, have had it at dealer 3 times. now when lights are on , the dashboard goes dim and resets itself. brakes squeek, and the bumper sliding out they have temp fixed. when i accelorate, it kicks in a lower gear and doesn't want to go, and if i stop completely at stop sign, it sputters and act likes it want to die. Been in contact w/ chrysler and so far they are ok, but now i will try and see if they can purchase my car back and offer diff, express my concern to dealer/chrysler. HELP!!

Favorite Features

The only thing that i really like is all the options i have . 3rd row seat, dvd player, extra storage, and the look i love, but i can't deal with all the mechanical problems that have been going on. I am scared of my vehicle as far as just "driving" it.

DON'T BUY A DODGE/CHRYSLER VEHICLE
By sunheat79

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this Journey SXT AWD in August of 2010 with the Premium Sound Package, and Bluetooth hands free calling option as well. At 3,000 miles there was a violent shake in the front end...the rotors had to be replaced. At 4,000 miles there was an awful whistling noise, which turned out to be the mirror. That was replaced and at the same time I started having problems with the facotry installed options...had the vehicle in 4 times...is now at the dealership for the 5th time for the issue. I've tried to work with Dodge on replacing the vehicle and they've been nothing less than outrageously disrespectful with no concern of customer satisfaction. There has also been a recall.

Favorite Features

This vehicle is great in the snow...rides nicely...is overall a good investment; that is if the vehicle is without issues...unlike the one I purchased.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest that Dodge sets aside what is written in ink to work with their customers to ensure satisfaction. I couldn't express with words how frustrated I am with Chrysler. I am currently in litigation with them in the court system with hopes that they will buy back the vehicle. I have missed many hours of work bringing the vehicle to the dealership to be fixed, and spent countless hours on hold waiting to speak with someone who might be able to offer me an explanantion as to why my issues were being minimized and ignored...only to be told there's no one I could speak with.

Way ahead of whatever is in 2nd place
By 1992viper

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had an '04 Porsche Cayenne Turbo and just loved it! Thought we'd like a Mercedes - bought an '08 E350 4-Matic. Super car but missed the SUV. Wanted 3 row seats for grandkids, reasonable economy, comfort, conveinence, versatility, etc. Looked at everything out there within reason. Thought the Jouney is the best bang for the buck. The Mazda CX-9 was nice but too big for the wife. This Journey does not disappoint - super quiet, very comfortable, and easy to enter and exit. Would like memory seats/mirrors and a heated steering wheel that we had before but.....all else is excellent. Black R/T AWD, NAV, back-up camera, DVD Player, everything. Best move we made in 46 years of marriage!

Favorite Features

Conservative handsome style, comfort, convenience, versatility, ride, room, abundant storage space, front and rear heat and a/c, just does everything we expected. It's not a sports car but we are pleased with the performance (235HP V6) and handling. Glad we didn't put a lot of faith in the negative reviews or Edmunds for that matter. We DO recommend it!

Suggested Improvements

Would like memory seats/mirrors and a heated steering wheel as options. Kinda picky but once you have 'em, you like 'em. We also would like the transmission to downshift a little sooner when going up a slight grade - loses about 5 mph before it kicks in. A little foot feed fixes that.

Fun and reliable
By dsueoka

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We shopped for vehicles for about a year. The wife did not know what she wanted. We looked at trucks, vans, SUVs and cars. She finally settled on the Dodge Journey, Chevy Equinox and the Ford Fusion. I liked the Fusion more, but she won. The fuel mileage is not the best for in town driving, but for a 6 cylinder is OK. We are still playing with all of the accessories. It is a great car to drive. Just wish we got AWD for the snow we get here.

Favorite Features

climate control, third row seats, touch screen radio

Suggested Improvements

better fuel mileage