2010 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Lemon
By xhelbi on 10/02/12 19:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have spent more time at the dealership than I have at home. I think I bought a lemon. I have had so many problems with this car, I have had more Dodges in the past but this will be the last. I think if enough people fill a class action about the vehicle they will have to do something. I am going to see what I can do. I am paying for a electrical piece of crap. Don't know from day to day what is going to be wrong.

Great Ride and Good Economy
By rotorbob on 08/07/12 11:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After delivering mail for 18 years, mostly out of Mopar minivans, I looked forward to driving a smaller, more efficient car with features I like most: economy, comfort and quality of build. I found all those in my Journey. The only things I've found fault with are 1) the transmission is balky in either the select shift mode or the full automatic mode. It is slow to shift, but very smooth; and 2) the ignition key is VERY VERY fragile. Who's idiotic idea was it to make such a cruddy key that costs over 200 to replace after only 29 months? They really need to re-think the ignition keys with all the needless bells and whistles. Just give me a simple metal key that starts the car!

I got a lemon
By donna2010 on 06/16/12 11:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 lemon at Moss Bros in Ca I like that it had a lot of storage and the look of the outside was good. But that is where it stops. It has tiny interor. Uncomforatble seats and the driver seat is making a noise the dealer can't seem to know where it is coming from. Bad brakes they built the front end to heavy for the brakes. So the problem is not fixable. I will have to keep replacing the front brakes as long as I own the car. I have had them replaced at 5,000 13,000 21,000 miles There was a recall on the door locks. That was fixed. There is somethings wrong with the transmission when I go out of park into reverse. It doesn't perform good. The interior is cheap. It's a lemon

bad choice
By raquelle on 04/03/12 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an alternative to a minivan and thought I found it in the Dodge Journey. I was very wrong. It's tiny interior doesn't even allow for a space for my compact purse. Cramped and uncomforatble seats. Brakes have had issues since I purchased with premature and uneven wear. Had to replace front and back both at 50K miles. Ignition gets stuck in ACC mode and wont turn to off so when I take key out, it drains battery. Recall work done on that already, but worse since the recall work. Transmission is clunky and always feels like the car is about to shake apart when moving from park to reverse. So very disappointed in this vehicle.

Well Worth A Look!!
By westys_4_ever on 04/01/11 09:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car now for 9 months and 14k miles. It is amazing!! I can drive this car all day long and arrive at my destination fresh. Roadtrips, the miles woosh by silently as the V6 purrs along. That 75 mph, it spins along under 2,000 rpm. It returns mpg at that speed 27-28. The interior does have a lot of hard resting spots but is so full of cubbies and storage bins, who cares, really? Two bins under the floor in back, another huge bin in the cargo area under the floor, another bin under the front passenger seat cushion. Cupholders everywhere, door and console. The rear seats recline and move back and forth for legroom. The third row is just for kids though.

my dodge journy
By nothappening on 02/26/11 07:09 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought dodge 2010 (new) was good in start, but have had prob in the last month. Engine light has come on twice from no where and wanted to die on me. shakes crazy going down road, have had it at dealer 3 times. now when lights are on , the dashboard goes dim and resets itself. brakes squeek, and the bumper sliding out they have temp fixed. when i accelorate, it kicks in a lower gear and doesn't want to go, and if i stop completely at stop sign, it sputters and act likes it want to die. Been in contact w/ chrysler and so far they are ok, but now i will try and see if they can purchase my car back and offer diff, express my concern to dealer/chrysler. HELP!!

Fun and reliable
By dsueoka on 02/15/11 22:16 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We shopped for vehicles for about a year. The wife did not know what she wanted. We looked at trucks, vans, SUVs and cars. She finally settled on the Dodge Journey, Chevy Equinox and the Ford Fusion. I liked the Fusion more, but she won. The fuel mileage is not the best for in town driving, but for a 6 cylinder is OK. We are still playing with all of the accessories. It is a great car to drive. Just wish we got AWD for the snow we get here.

Tin Can
By IHATEDODGE on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a Tin Can. I wished I had read ALL of the reviews before I purchased it. Bad Brakes, Starting problems, CD player does not work. Have to take off Antenna for radio to work properly. Tire sensor broken. All around failure! Help me Toyota!

1 month old, so far, SUPER, We love it
By W & S Love on 08/28/10 07:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2004 300M, loaded. I have not missed it yet. The options on the Journey we purchased fulfills our most needed feature. Easy entry and exit to the vehicle. We are retired and have leg and knee problems. It was getting very hard to get in and out of the 300M. It sat too low to the ground. We do have 19" wheels on our Journey SXT so it is just the right height to get in and out without having to bend the legs much at all. So Far, we love the ride, looks and quality. My daughter bought a loaded used 2009 Journey R/T the next day after we bought our new one. She loves it. She traded in a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Limited and says she likes the Journey better than she did it.

Good Economical Family Mover
By Chris on 08/18/10 07:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the Dodge Journey as an alternative to my trusted Chrysler Minivan. On the plus side is the low price tag as opposed to the more expensive cross overs. This vehicle fits the bill for loading cargo with the rear seats folded down or people with the 2nd and 3rd row seats erected. The ride is smooth however, the power is lackluster at best. If all seats are used, the vehicle has virtually nonexistent room for any suitcases. This makes it unsuitable for long trips.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Journey Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*