Used 2010 Dodge Journey SE SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Jorney handles tough list of requirements
By David Dewey

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted 7 passengers capacity with high mpg. This car is a great answer to that problem.

This car stinks
By catwise4@yahoo.com

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car after Thanksgiving and in less than a year of ownership I spent over $1200 on the same issue and still not fixed. Dealership doesn't seen to know what is wrong with it, horn honks at random, from time to time it goes dead and wont start, sometimes windows wont roll down or heater for this trip wont work, air pressure alert goes off for no reason.....This SUV has been the worst ....... unreliable, and right down irritating! Dodge is of no help

dodge journey
By Jen g

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my journey for a month now brought with 30,000 miles. Have not had any problems with it others then its a 4 cylinder so take off is like a old lady running after a bus with a walker lol other than that and my music from my phone like Pandora won't play without an axillary cord its such a shame I won't keep this long about a year and I'm moving on to the car I wanted. Its a nice SUV all the bells and whistles its just a dodge there not built to last long

What ISN'T wrong with this vehicle?
By bsk62

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I puchased my 2010 Journey used.
All prior service records were in the vehicle and I was confident that I was buying a dependable vehicle.
2 yrs, 1 month later I have put over $1000 into new brakes, calipers, rotors and axle seal.
Estimate as of today is for $3838.
New intake manifold, instrument cluster, SKIM module, tune up, transmission flush, & computer update. Just replaced the axle seal. I lose power intermittently in the center console, steering column & doors, slow to shift, sometimes does nothing when attempting to start it, vibrates horribly at high speeds.
It is serviced every 3000 miles and issues are addressed promply. Will NEVER buy a Dodge or Chrysler product again!

The color

Seating is extremely uncomfortable. Rent a comfortable vehicle if you are taking a long trip, and by long I mean over an hour. Build a vehicle that will outlast the payments. Everything about this car needs to be improved upon. From here on out I buy Toyota. American made is not something any of us can be proud of if it is followed by Dodge or Chrysler.

Worst car I ever owned
By wjohnstone74

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had 5 new company cars since 2000, this was by far the worst.
Returned to shop 3 times for running on three cylinders (under 1000km), turn the key and nothing happens 3x, odometer reset itself to 0 and 26,000km disappeared, front brakes at 40000km and rear shortly thereafter, turned itself off while driving down the highway, absolutely, completely gutless.
Like 1988 k-car style. I put it in park, exited the vehicle, and it started rolling downhill!
This happened at the dealership, the mechanic saw it and shook his head!
I was in a rental what seemed like monthly.
Bluetooth assistant almost NEVER worked, my wife would laugh at me as I punched the radio.
Horrible experience.

Run!

Lots of cool storage, 7 passenger seating. Stereo was loud and sounded good.

Send in the engineers and rebuild this thing from the bottom up. No wonder people are flocking away from North American automobiles. This vehicle is the latest and last reason for me to switch. Inexcusable in 2010 to release such a POS. Plus, I see they are at it again with the latest caravan models.