Used 2010 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Journey SUV

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

I Am Finished With North American Cars
By tammyflores

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First sign of trouble with my engine was a carbon build up issue at 40K. I took pride in my vehicle and followed the maintenance schedule. They tried to tell me that I had to use higher octane gas when the specs didn't call for that. I did it for a while, but just after my warranty ran out, my EGR Valve went and then my transmission at 120K. Both bearing went in my front wheel. One while under warranty, the other just after. Iím at 170K and because of carbon build up again, my rad reservoir blew and they just replace my cylinder head because their heads are made from aluminum and guess what now?

Favorite Features

My front passenger bearing is gone again. Total BS. My mom has had her Toyota for over 10 year with almost 500,000k on it and never had any major problems like me. I spent over 10K the past year on issues that should never happen on a properly built vehicle. I will never buy another North American car again. GM lost me when I had similar issue with their products and now Dodge will lose me. You should back up your products like Toyota does if they were built properly. Toyota gives you 160K.

Suggested Improvements

Build your products with better quality. You never did tell me why there would be carbon build up in a brand new engine. I used sea foam on a regular basis and followed the maintenance schedule to a T. I should never have had the issues I've had with a vehicle that is only 4 years old. There may be high milage, but that's why I bought a new car... to be able to drive it. You should back up your vehicles to at least 160K

Will NEVER buy Dodge again
By mrreviewer

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2009... Dodge has hat in hand looking for help to stay a float.. The Government bails them out.. Being a proud Canadian who loves to support our workers.. I decided to go with the Dodge Journey R/T. Well, with a piece of garbage like that no wonder they needed a bail out. I also hadn't realized this vehicle was assembled in Mexico.. Who knows, someone may have poured tequila in the engine or something as this was a 5 year nightmare. 2 rebuilt engines, new drive train, Hubs, bearings, 4 sets of brakes, problem after problem.. Chrysler would have been in the $40-$50k range in warranty work... Myself, I figure my bills hit the $20k range over 5 years!!!

Favorite Features

Numerous letters to head office got me no where.. I even asked for a replacement... Not a new car, but a reliable one. I guess they couldn't find one of those either. I finally cut my loses and bought a Toyota last week.

Suggested Improvements

Learn how to make reliable vehicles. This was the worst, most frustrating, money wasting experience of my life and will Never purchase anything from Chrysler again. A person works hard, decides to buy his first brand new, off the line vehicle in hopes it will give him and his family at least 8 good years... Damn thing didn't even give me 1.... First engine rebuild at 24,000 kms.

worst car I ever owned
By byejourney10

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2010 journey rt. Awd fully loaded. It was new to me. I bought it 40000 kms. I bought $3000 warranty, but most issues weren't covered. Brakes, front wheel bearings, alternator, key fob x 2, starter, cd / dvd quit working, never fixed it because i was quoted $2000 to rellace, exhaust sensor valve was carbed up replaced, battery wouldn't keep charged, bought new 1, unplugged back flashlight, turned off cooler in dash, etc...still battery issue. Took it to dealer andcorroded electrical, GPS/ hardrive had update done by dealer, GPS quit 1 hour after leaving lot. Hardrive corrupted. Recently it's at dealer again, electrical issues again. I've had enuf! Its outta here.

Favorite Features

Winter driving was great. Looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical needs to be better Too many options for battery Read the internet Dodge company and get the feedback people complain about.

What ISN'T wrong with this vehicle?
By bsk62

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I puchased my 2010 Journey used. All prior service records were in the vehicle and I was confident that I was buying a dependable vehicle. 2 yrs, 1 month later I have put over $1000 into new brakes, calipers, rotors and axle seal. Estimate as of today is for $3838. New intake manifold, instrument cluster, SKIM module, tune up, transmission flush, & computer update. Just replaced the axle seal. I lose power intermittently in the center console, steering column & doors, slow to shift, sometimes does nothing when attempting to start it, vibrates horribly at high speeds. It is serviced every 3000 miles and issues are addressed promply. Will NEVER buy a Dodge or Chrysler product again!

Favorite Features

The color

Suggested Improvements

Seating is extremely uncomfortable. Rent a comfortable vehicle if you are taking a long trip, and by long I mean over an hour. Build a vehicle that will outlast the payments. Everything about this car needs to be improved upon. From here on out I buy Toyota. American made is not something any of us can be proud of if it is followed by Dodge or Chrysler.

Done with dodges
By nomoredodges33

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 Dodge Journey sxt is the last straw for me. I have owned Dodges in all shapes and forms for 13 years. Neons, (fantastic) Dakotas not so good, Durango 2005 finally sold that last week. Nothing but problems with 2010 Dodge Journey. Owe 2 yrs and transmission is out. Electrical problems with Durango . Very expensive to be a Dodge customer these days. This is the thanks we all get for trying to buy American.