2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Done with dodges
By nomoredodges33 on 07/18/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 Dodge Journey sxt is the last straw for me. I have owned Dodges in all shapes and forms for 13 years. Neons, (fantastic) Dakotas not so good, Durango 2005 finally sold that last week. Nothing but problems with 2010 Dodge Journey. Owe 2 yrs and transmission is out. Electrical problems with Durango . Very expensive to be a Dodge customer these days. This is the thanks we all get for trying to buy American.

It gets the job done
By augrpeters on 03/06/13 17:45 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from a Dodge Grand Caravan, I wish I would have bought another van. The Journey is a great car (79000 trouble free miles,) I just miss the space of a van. I've had no trouble as described by other owners. I do get a very respectable 24 mpg mixed driving everyday. My Journey is AWD, which shows itself in PA winters. The only gripe I have about the Journey is the 3.5 seems a bit underpowered on the highway.

RUN FROM 2010 DODGE JOURNEY
By nojourney on 09/04/12 14:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many dodge vehicles over the years, about 20, and I have never had so many problems with any vehicle like I have had with this one. Brake system is terrible. Replaced pads and rotars twice in 10 months. Chrysler aware of brake system problem, unwilling to take responsibility. They made car model knowing it could only take 1 type of tire, no snow tire. Tires run over $220 per tire. There are many recalls. Car can cut off because of the the key fob system can easily slip from on to acc, this is very dangerous, loss of power steering and brakes, and other recalls. Spoke with Chrysler about issues, denial is their best defense. Needless to say, I will not be revisiting dodge.

can't fix the shakes
By nemrac on 09/10/11 13:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought 8/2010-Nov 2010 trouble light going on and off-dealer said no codes on computer-drive it. Light on and off more frequent-then stayed on and vehicle shaking- had to pull over-couldn't find problem so dealer drove-decided it was engine-replaced valves,seals, on right-3 days later started all over again- dealer couldn't find problem-drove with computer on-reprogrammed powertrain module - fine til this week light on shaking violently going down highway(had car 1 yr 2 weeks!) dealer/Chrysler said its the other side of the engine-parts BO till Mid Oct!! on a 1 yr old vehicle! Also turned rotors on back this spring and front rotor/ pads in 7/11. Will be in shop total 2 months since Nov!

stalls in traffic
By amus on 06/05/11 19:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a p.o.s. Has stalled in oncoming traffic 3 times, brakes are junk. 33,000 miles and chrysler does not car care about the safety of my family or standing by there product. Transmission acts like it is on its way out. I tried to buy an american vehicle, I Knew better than to buy a dodge. $30,000 mistake

DON'T BUY A DODGE/CHRYSLER VEHICLE
By sunheat79 on 02/18/11 21:50 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this Journey SXT AWD in August of 2010 with the Premium Sound Package, and Bluetooth hands free calling option as well. At 3,000 miles there was a violent shake in the front end...the rotors had to be replaced. At 4,000 miles there was an awful whistling noise, which turned out to be the mirror. That was replaced and at the same time I started having problems with the facotry installed options...had the vehicle in 4 times...is now at the dealership for the 5th time for the issue. I've tried to work with Dodge on replacing the vehicle and they've been nothing less than outrageously disrespectful with no concern of customer satisfaction. There has also been a recall.

Possible Lemon
By hfr on 01/04/11 21:55 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought 2009 Journey in August 2009. Within months, the sun roof leaked and it took several times to fix it. At about 20K the brakes had to be replaced. Dealership replaced at no cost (thankfully). At about 40K the tires had to be replaced (19" tires are very expensive). Driver side passenger door filled up with water because tape was left on the drain holes. Had to have PTU gasket replaced recently. Cruise control looses 5 to 7 mph going up hill before it increases speed. Dealership says this is normal. Transmission has a delay in accelleration. Dealership can't find anything wrong. Currently have 49,000 miles on car. Really like the way it drives and handles but not happy repairs.

I love love love my new journey
By i Heather on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is absolutely amazing. It has an 3rd row of seats so I didn't have to buy a minivan. Plenty of space for all the extra kids I tote along everywhere. The drive and the ride is so smooth. All the extra storage spots are awesome. It is relaxing to drive this crossover. The gas mileage is average but great compared to what I was spending on gas in my Dodge Ram. The kids absolutely love everything in our Journey. So many windows, and not a blind spot anywhere. The 6 disc cd changer is great. There is nothing negative to say about this car. Did I mention that it is beautiful on the outside. What a sleek and sexy crossover!!

No Snow Tires available for SXT
By Now snow tires on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Snow Tires are not available for SXT by any tire manufacturer. The car is a good design and handles the road well. I have driven 45,000 miles on the car, had to change out tires, brakes, rotors and radio along with routine maintenance. The seats are very uncomfortable, the foam is compressed after just 18 months of use.

Great Car
By Jim on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2004 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 for the Journey and for the first time in more than 30 years am not driving a pickup. With all seats folded, I can easily carry 8' lumber in the car. On the rare occasion I need to haul more, I use a small utility trailer. In the process, I have a smaller, more economical, and more fun to drive vehicle. The AWD shoud get me through the snow this winter. I went to the dealer expecting to buy a Ford Escape, but left with the Journey. I have not been sorry for a moment I bought the Journey instead. My only real problem is keeping my wife from stealing it and leaving me with her 2008 Taurus (which is a great car, but the Journey is more fun).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$130 per month*