Used 2010 Dodge Journey SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Lemon
By xhelbi

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have spent more time at the dealership than I have at home. I think I bought a lemon. I have had so many problems with this car, I have had more Dodges in the past but this will be the last. I think if enough people fill a class action about the vehicle they will have to do something. I am going to see what I can do. I am paying for a electrical piece of crap. Don't know from day to day what is going to be wrong.

The space.

Everything. Go back to the drawing board. Ask people for input and put it to use.

Great Ride and Good Economy
By rotorbob

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After delivering mail for 18 years, mostly out of Mopar minivans, I looked forward to driving a smaller, more efficient car with features I like most: economy, comfort and quality of build. I found all those in my Journey. The only things I've found fault with are 1) the transmission is balky in either the select shift mode or the full automatic mode. It is slow to shift, but very smooth; and 2) the ignition key is VERY VERY fragile. Who's idiotic idea was it to make such a cruddy key that costs over 200 to replace after only 29 months? They really need to re-think the ignition keys with all the needless bells and whistles. Just give me a simple metal key that starts the car!

6 CD changer is MP3 capable...more than 12 hours of music on ONE CD!!! I also like the power inverter but it is very modest...won't power a portable vacuum cleaner designed for light utility work (like cleaning the inside of the car). Plenty of storage space...you can even put ice in the rear seat's floor spaces to keep drinks COLD.

Get rid of the insipid electronic key! Or make it more robust, capable of being carried around in a man's pants pocket with a pair of clippers and some change and survive that "torture test" for more than 29 months! This car came with Kumho tires. They rode smooth but wore like erasers! Why not put a premium tire on a car like this. We deserve better than Korean crud.

I got a lemon
By donna2010

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 lemon at Moss Bros in Ca I like that it had a lot of storage and the look of the outside was good. But that is where it stops. It has tiny interor. Uncomforatble seats and the driver seat is making a noise the dealer can't seem to know where it is coming from. Bad brakes they built the front end to heavy for the brakes. So the problem is not fixable. I will have to keep replacing the front brakes as long as I own the car. I have had them replaced at 5,000 13,000 21,000 miles There was a recall on the door locks. That was fixed. There is somethings wrong with the transmission when I go out of park into reverse. It doesn't perform good. The interior is cheap. It's a lemon

Because of the on going problems with the brakes I'm turn off on the whole car.

I just hope you didn't build the 2011 like the 2010 Make the seats more nicer. Fix that brake issue.

bad choice
By raquelle

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an alternative to a minivan and thought I found it in the Dodge Journey. I was very wrong. It's tiny interior doesn't even allow for a space for my compact purse. Cramped and uncomforatble seats. Brakes have had issues since I purchased with premature and uneven wear. Had to replace front and back both at 50K miles. Ignition gets stuck in ACC mode and wont turn to off so when I take key out, it drains battery. Recall work done on that already, but worse since the recall work. Transmission is clunky and always feels like the car is about to shake apart when moving from park to reverse. So very disappointed in this vehicle.

Sporty exterior look

Stop what you have done and do over!

Well Worth A Look!!
By westys_4_ever

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car now for 9 months and 14k miles. It is amazing!! I can drive this car all day long and arrive at my destination fresh. Roadtrips, the miles woosh by silently as the V6 purrs along. That 75 mph, it spins along under 2,000 rpm. It returns mpg at that speed 27-28. The interior does have a lot of hard resting spots but is so full of cubbies and storage bins, who cares, really? Two bins under the floor in back, another huge bin in the cargo area under the floor, another bin under the front passenger seat cushion. Cupholders everywhere, door and console. The rear seats recline and move back and forth for legroom. The third row is just for kids though.

I love the engine and 6 speed auto in this car. They are so smooth and quiet it is very easy to find yourself cruising along at 80 mph while the engine spins at 2200 rpm. I also love, love, love the 30 gb stereo. I can download music into it and never need to use an iPod. There is also a USB jack on the front and an aux. port. Another way cool feature is an actual socket you have in your house. Laptops can be plugged into the car. Uconnect is also way cool. Portable WiFi in your car. The stereo is also a router, if needed and a Bluetooth phone. This car has it all for the professional on the go, like me!

All of my improvement rest on improved materials and design of the interior. And, those are done in the 2011 Journey. If anyone has a chance to get a 2010 Journey used, do it. The car is amazing and well worth a look!!