2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
What ISN'T wrong with this vehicle?
By bsk62 on 05/19/14 11:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I puchased my 2010 Journey used. All prior service records were in the vehicle and I was confident that I was buying a dependable vehicle. 2 yrs, 1 month later I have put over $1000 into new brakes, calipers, rotors and axle seal. Estimate as of today is for $3838. New intake manifold, instrument cluster, SKIM module, tune up, transmission flush, & computer update. Just replaced the axle seal. I lose power intermittently in the center console, steering column & doors, slow to shift, sometimes does nothing when attempting to start it, vibrates horribly at high speeds. It is serviced every 3000 miles and issues are addressed promply. Will NEVER buy a Dodge or Chrysler product again!

Worst car I ever owned
By wjohnstone74 on 07/24/12 11:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had 5 new company cars since 2000, this was by far the worst. Returned to shop 3 times for running on three cylinders (under 1000km), turn the key and nothing happens 3x, odometer reset itself to 0 and 26,000km disappeared, front brakes at 40000km and rear shortly thereafter, turned itself off while driving down the highway, absolutely, completely gutless. Like 1988 k-car style. I put it in park, exited the vehicle, and it started rolling downhill! This happened at the dealership, the mechanic saw it and shook his head! I was in a rental what seemed like monthly. Bluetooth assistant almost NEVER worked, my wife would laugh at me as I punched the radio. Horrible experience. Run!

What a SCARE
By mhcpc on 06/17/11 17:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have 5800 miles on my Journey. The other day, I was on the interstate, in the left lane with no traffic in front of me. All of a sudden, my engine light and traction control light comes on and the car starts loosing power and shaking violently. The car slowed to 30mph within seconds. I managed to get it to the side of the interstate and had it towed to the dealership. They claim I hit the gas and brake at the same time causing the traction control to lock and the engine light to come on. A mechanic tells me this is not true! Also, my foot won't hit both at the same time. I tried it after they told me. They did say they found a problem with the brake rotors and replaced them.

worth the price... of my base Journey
By carmudgin on 12/23/10 00:49 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the Journey 6 months and have put 23,000km on it. It has had no issues, everything has worked perfectly so far. I'm glad we got the 4cyl with gas prices nowadays. My other car is a Chevy Tahoe and the Journey is way better on gas, way smoother ride. It handles bumps extremely well, and when i need to weave in and out of traffic while doing 130km/hr it handles great. I feel confident driving it. The car feels like a more expensive vehicle and I'm sure that's because it was designed by Mercedes while they owned Chrysler.

A good Economical Crossover
By priced right on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have read a lot of Edmunds reviews and I have grown weary of their apparent car snobbishness and demand for perfection. There is no perfect vehicle. For the money I find that my new base model Dodge Journey is comfortable, adequately powered, and very roomy. For those who do not expect the moon and the stars from our ride, I find driving the 2010 Journey to be a pleasant experience that is not overshadowed by glaring defects. The ride is comfortable, and for having a four banger under the hood, it does what needs to be done without blocking traffic. Bottom line, the Journey is a satisfactory family SUV that is easy on the budget and will take where you want to go in relative comfort.

A value leader
By GIO on 07/02/10 06:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After reading " Motor Trend " positive expert review and "Yahoo" users group on the Dodge Journey it certainly re-enforced my decision to purchase it. Since I have been extremely satisfied with my reliable 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan it was really a no brainer. At only $21,165 sticker price it was the least costly in it`s class. It`s roomier and has more cargo space than others. The 4 cylinder is no powerhouse but it`s certainly adequate. The ride is quiet, and handling is good. Bottom line is if you want something significantly better you are going to have to pay significantly more. There`s just no free lunch.

Great Vehicle
By Love It on 04/20/10 07:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in my 2010 Mazda 5 for this beauty. Great ride lots of room. Very quite inside, no road noise. Great fuel economy. Definitely recommend this vehicle.

Quiet, very Quiet
By sherian4746@yahoo.com on 03/17/10 17:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought the Journey because it was the most reasonably priced cross-over out there and I have been nothing but pleasingly surprised at the quality. It is the most quiet ride I have had in any vehicle for a long time. It looks great and is a blast to drive. Only downside is that I can't find any aftermarket wheels to fit. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

LOVE THE CAR
By Steve NY on 02/19/10 05:25 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Switched from a short wheel based Town & Country. Love the style. Handles great. $ cyl not as responsive as 6, but I need better mileage.

Amazing alternative to a minivan
By Harvey on 12/01/09 09:15 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We love our new Journey! It gets much better fuel economy then any minivan we looked at. And best of all it's not a minivan. More like an SUV that handles like a car. The cargo space is quite exceptional as are how easy it is to lie down all the seats (including the passenger seat) perfectly flat. The third row was a must for us and though it feels a bit tight, it is much roomier than any other third row seat option from any other crossover that we tried out. We've gotten much better fuel economy than it's EPA rating would suggest. The cargo compartments can store items like a cooler for drinks and the interior is quite spacious.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$121 per month*