Used 2010 Dodge Journey SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Most Helpful|
What a SCARE
By mhcpc

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have 5800 miles on my Journey. The other day, I was on the interstate, in the left lane with no traffic in front of me. All of a sudden, my engine light and traction control light comes on and the car starts loosing power and shaking violently. The car slowed to 30mph within seconds. I managed to get it to the side of the interstate and had it towed to the dealership. They claim I hit the gas and brake at the same time causing the traction control to lock and the engine light to come on. A mechanic tells me this is not true! Also, my foot won't hit both at the same time. I tried it after they told me. They did say they found a problem with the brake rotors and replaced them.

What ISN'T wrong with this vehicle?
By bsk62

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I puchased my 2010 Journey used. All prior service records were in the vehicle and I was confident that I was buying a dependable vehicle. 2 yrs, 1 month later I have put over $1000 into new brakes, calipers, rotors and axle seal. Estimate as of today is for $3838. New intake manifold, instrument cluster, SKIM module, tune up, transmission flush, & computer update. Just replaced the axle seal. I lose power intermittently in the center console, steering column & doors, slow to shift, sometimes does nothing when attempting to start it, vibrates horribly at high speeds. It is serviced every 3000 miles and issues are addressed promply. Will NEVER buy a Dodge or Chrysler product again!

Favorite Features

The color

Suggested Improvements

Seating is extremely uncomfortable. Rent a comfortable vehicle if you are taking a long trip, and by long I mean over an hour. Build a vehicle that will outlast the payments. Everything about this car needs to be improved upon. From here on out I buy Toyota. American made is not something any of us can be proud of if it is followed by Dodge or Chrysler.

Worst car I ever owned
By wjohnstone74

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had 5 new company cars since 2000, this was by far the worst. Returned to shop 3 times for running on three cylinders (under 1000km), turn the key and nothing happens 3x, odometer reset itself to 0 and 26,000km disappeared, front brakes at 40000km and rear shortly thereafter, turned itself off while driving down the highway, absolutely, completely gutless. Like 1988 k-car style. I put it in park, exited the vehicle, and it started rolling downhill! This happened at the dealership, the mechanic saw it and shook his head! I was in a rental what seemed like monthly. Bluetooth assistant almost NEVER worked, my wife would laugh at me as I punched the radio. Horrible experience. Run!

Favorite Features

Lots of cool storage, 7 passenger seating. Stereo was loud and sounded good.

Suggested Improvements

Send in the engineers and rebuild this thing from the bottom up. No wonder people are flocking away from North American automobiles. This vehicle is the latest and last reason for me to switch. Inexcusable in 2010 to release such a POS. Plus, I see they are at it again with the latest caravan models.

A good Economical Crossover
By priced right

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have read a lot of Edmunds reviews and I have grown weary of their apparent car snobbishness and demand for perfection. There is no perfect vehicle. For the money I find that my new base model Dodge Journey is comfortable, adequately powered, and very roomy. For those who do not expect the moon and the stars from our ride, I find driving the 2010 Journey to be a pleasant experience that is not overshadowed by glaring defects. The ride is comfortable, and for having a four banger under the hood, it does what needs to be done without blocking traffic. Bottom line, the Journey is a satisfactory family SUV that is easy on the budget and will take where you want to go in relative comfort.

Favorite Features

My base model SE came with q touch screen media center that has a 30 GB hard drive. Instead of a CD changer you simply download your favorite CD's for future playback.

Suggested Improvements

The media touch screen is set too low. In fact it is placed far below where most vehicles have their radios. It makes it hard to use while you are driving.

worth the price... of my base Journey
By carmudgin

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the Journey 6 months and have put 23,000km on it. It has had no issues, everything has worked perfectly so far. I'm glad we got the 4cyl with gas prices nowadays. My other car is a Chevy Tahoe and the Journey is way better on gas, way smoother ride. It handles bumps extremely well, and when i need to weave in and out of traffic while doing 130km/hr it handles great. I feel confident driving it. The car feels like a more expensive vehicle and I'm sure that's because it was designed by Mercedes while they owned Chrysler.

Favorite Features

-great mileage, smooth ride, and the storage bins, esp the compartment for drinks that chills your drinks. -good price....zero percent financing over 36 months. -youconnect blue tooth phone handsfree option...it works great. -and the traction control....finally i got to test it in the snow and i was amazed at how you cant wipe out. If you are going around a corner and stomp on the gas, the car wont allow you to spin out. Perfect for anyone terrified by driving in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a power trunk.