2010 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Will NEVER buy Dodge again
By mrreviewer on 12/02/14 07:05 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2009... Dodge has hat in hand looking for help to stay a float.. The Government bails them out.. Being a proud Canadian who loves to support our workers.. I decided to go with the Dodge Journey R/T. Well, with a piece of garbage like that no wonder they needed a bail out. I also hadn't realized this vehicle was assembled in Mexico.. Who knows, someone may have poured tequila in the engine or something as this was a 5 year nightmare. 2 rebuilt engines, new drive train, Hubs, bearings, 4 sets of brakes, problem after problem.. Chrysler would have been in the $40-$50k range in warranty work... Myself, I figure my bills hit the $20k range over 5 years!!!

worst car I ever owned
By byejourney10 on 09/27/14 04:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2010 journey rt. Awd fully loaded. It was new to me. I bought it 40000 kms. I bought $3000 warranty, but most issues weren't covered. Brakes, front wheel bearings, alternator, key fob x 2, starter, cd / dvd quit working, never fixed it because i was quoted $2000 to rellace, exhaust sensor valve was carbed up replaced, battery wouldn't keep charged, bought new 1, unplugged back flashlight, turned off cooler in dash, etc...still battery issue. Took it to dealer andcorroded electrical, GPS/ hardrive had update done by dealer, GPS quit 1 hour after leaving lot. Hardrive corrupted. Recently it's at dealer again, electrical issues again. I've had enuf! Its outta here.

What ISN'T wrong with this vehicle?
By bsk62 on 05/19/14 11:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I puchased my 2010 Journey used. All prior service records were in the vehicle and I was confident that I was buying a dependable vehicle. 2 yrs, 1 month later I have put over $1000 into new brakes, calipers, rotors and axle seal. Estimate as of today is for $3838. New intake manifold, instrument cluster, SKIM module, tune up, transmission flush, & computer update. Just replaced the axle seal. I lose power intermittently in the center console, steering column & doors, slow to shift, sometimes does nothing when attempting to start it, vibrates horribly at high speeds. It is serviced every 3000 miles and issues are addressed promply. Will NEVER buy a Dodge or Chrysler product again!

Done with dodges
By nomoredodges33 on 07/18/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 Dodge Journey sxt is the last straw for me. I have owned Dodges in all shapes and forms for 13 years. Neons, (fantastic) Dakotas not so good, Durango 2005 finally sold that last week. Nothing but problems with 2010 Dodge Journey. Owe 2 yrs and transmission is out. Electrical problems with Durango . Very expensive to be a Dodge customer these days. This is the thanks we all get for trying to buy American.

It gets the job done
By augrpeters on 03/06/13 17:45 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from a Dodge Grand Caravan, I wish I would have bought another van. The Journey is a great car (79000 trouble free miles,) I just miss the space of a van. I've had no trouble as described by other owners. I do get a very respectable 24 mpg mixed driving everyday. My Journey is AWD, which shows itself in PA winters. The only gripe I have about the Journey is the 3.5 seems a bit underpowered on the highway.

Lemon
By xhelbi on 10/02/12 19:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have spent more time at the dealership than I have at home. I think I bought a lemon. I have had so many problems with this car, I have had more Dodges in the past but this will be the last. I think if enough people fill a class action about the vehicle they will have to do something. I am going to see what I can do. I am paying for a electrical piece of crap. Don't know from day to day what is going to be wrong.

RUN FROM 2010 DODGE JOURNEY
By nojourney on 09/04/12 14:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many dodge vehicles over the years, about 20, and I have never had so many problems with any vehicle like I have had with this one. Brake system is terrible. Replaced pads and rotars twice in 10 months. Chrysler aware of brake system problem, unwilling to take responsibility. They made car model knowing it could only take 1 type of tire, no snow tire. Tires run over $220 per tire. There are many recalls. Car can cut off because of the the key fob system can easily slip from on to acc, this is very dangerous, loss of power steering and brakes, and other recalls. Spoke with Chrysler about issues, denial is their best defense. Needless to say, I will not be revisiting dodge.

Great Ride and Good Economy
By rotorbob on 08/07/12 11:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After delivering mail for 18 years, mostly out of Mopar minivans, I looked forward to driving a smaller, more efficient car with features I like most: economy, comfort and quality of build. I found all those in my Journey. The only things I've found fault with are 1) the transmission is balky in either the select shift mode or the full automatic mode. It is slow to shift, but very smooth; and 2) the ignition key is VERY VERY fragile. Who's idiotic idea was it to make such a cruddy key that costs over 200 to replace after only 29 months? They really need to re-think the ignition keys with all the needless bells and whistles. Just give me a simple metal key that starts the car!

Worst car I ever owned
By wjohnstone74 on 07/24/12 11:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had 5 new company cars since 2000, this was by far the worst. Returned to shop 3 times for running on three cylinders (under 1000km), turn the key and nothing happens 3x, odometer reset itself to 0 and 26,000km disappeared, front brakes at 40000km and rear shortly thereafter, turned itself off while driving down the highway, absolutely, completely gutless. Like 1988 k-car style. I put it in park, exited the vehicle, and it started rolling downhill! This happened at the dealership, the mechanic saw it and shook his head! I was in a rental what seemed like monthly. Bluetooth assistant almost NEVER worked, my wife would laugh at me as I punched the radio. Horrible experience. Run!

I got a lemon
By donna2010 on 06/16/12 11:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 lemon at Moss Bros in Ca I like that it had a lot of storage and the look of the outside was good. But that is where it stops. It has tiny interor. Uncomforatble seats and the driver seat is making a noise the dealer can't seem to know where it is coming from. Bad brakes they built the front end to heavy for the brakes. So the problem is not fixable. I will have to keep replacing the front brakes as long as I own the car. I have had them replaced at 5,000 13,000 21,000 miles There was a recall on the door locks. That was fixed. There is somethings wrong with the transmission when I go out of park into reverse. It doesn't perform good. The interior is cheap. It's a lemon

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$138 per month*