2009 Dodge Journey Consumer Review: Run. Run hard, run fast.

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Review

Run. Run hard, run fast.
By gxbrxnth on

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a nightmare. Overheating, electrical issues, I swear this car has a mind of it's own. It chugs gas, eats brakes, decides if it wants to accelerate or not, and what is so bad about downshifting? You have to jam the gas pedal into the floorboard, and maybe then (and that's a very strong maybe) it will start to pick up speed. I am not sure what I'll have to do to get out of this car, but at this point, any risk is worth it.

Gasoline and a match.
By jimbodean
on 04/27/14 08:56 AM (PDT)

I can agree with the downshifting issue. It seems you almost have to stand on the gas pedal to get it to go, which should not be the case with a 6 cyl engine. I think that the weak transmissions couple with the exceptionally high weight are to blame.

By mi2tymes
on 04/02/14 23:58 PM (PDT)

OH MY GOODNES!!!!! I just bought my "mini van" not even a month ago and I've been having these problems. Like the EXACT same problems. This wasn't even the one I wanted and like an idiot I settled because it was in my price range. No wonder the mileage was so low! Its funny because I was just telling my co worker the damn thing doesn't down shift and has a ghost because every time I get out of it the wipers turn on as if its waving "bye". So crazy. I've been giving the dealership HELL because I've had to keep going back up there to get something fixed at least twice a week...As a matter of fact I WAS THERE TODAY!!!!! Wow I can't believe lol this is crazy.