2009 Dodge Journey Consumer Review: RUN AWAY!!

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Review

SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

RUN AWAY!!
By jtdupuis on

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car brand new in 2009. I have had the transmission replaced once, I am on my third set of brakes and fourth set of tires. I just ate the cost to replace the motor mount, and now I am having problems with the starter. Needless to say, I will never ever ever ever by a Chrysler-brand vehicle again. I can understand having a finnicky vehicle, but this is too much. Almost $6,500 in repairs and maintenance in 5 years...mostly repairs. I'll never buy Dodge again.
By chrishawk8
on 10/23/14 06:45 AM (PDT)

I AGREE! THIS CAR IS A LEMON! I have owned this car for 2 years and have changed the BRAKES/ROTORS/CALIPERS 3X, and they need to be changed again! This car also has an INTERMITTENT START. I received in August 2014 a Recall notice from Dodge regarding the "ON" position in the ignition but in the recall notice it states "THEY HAVE NO PARTS AVAILABLE TO FIX AND WILL CONTACT US WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE". Well its nearly 3 months later and still haven't heard from DODGE on this issue - so the fact that my car still intermittently starts, DODGE COULD CARELSS! Today, the ESP traction light came on! In the first 4 months of owning this car, the thermostat and anti-freeze tank went out and had to be changed! THIS IS A LEMON AND DODGE KNOWS IT! ITS A SHAME THAT NOONE WILL LISTEN TO US! I URGE YOU TO GOOGLE ALL THE COMPLAINTS OF THE 2009 DODGE JOURNEY...........IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND................YET WE CAN'T GET A LAWSUIT GOING!? I HOPE I CAN TRADE MY CAR SOON AND I PROMISE YOU I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR PURCHASE FROM DODGE/CHRYSLER EVER AGAIN! I REPEAT...........DO YOUR HOMEWORK...........THIS CAR IS A LEMON!