PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE
By strat1163 on
2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased a 2009 Journey new in June 2009. Since this time I have had never ending problems with this vehicle, and I am NOT exaggerating. Here is a list of what was wrong with it: 6/2009: Air conditioning stopped working and needed system replaced. 9/09: developed a water leak causing mold in interior and rusty seat frames. 10/9 Both vanity mirrors broke. 1/10 water leak returned and at this point car smelled like a musty wet dog. Dealer "fixed" again 6/10: Transmission went and needed replaced. 3/11 Both exterior mirror paint was peeling: were painted. Both exhaust tips were rusting badly and exhaust was replaced. But dealer installed new exhaust with bent tips. cont.....
Favorite Features
The order for new exhaust took 10 weeks but they finally replaced it correctly. In 6/11, brakes needed replaced with only 19,000 miles and they are recalled on this model. Dealer replaced but according to other Journey owners the replacement pads wear out sooner than the originals. And there is also a recall on some of the steering components.........So, I finally had it with this vehicle and I traded it in for a beautiful import. Took a considerable loss BC this vehicle didn't hold its value but I was OK with this fact. I didn't want to wait until after the warranty was up. Overall, the 3 things I liked about this car was the storage space, 7 passenger cap, and pickup.
Suggested Improvements
I have owned Mopar vehicles my entire life including a HEMI cuda, GTX 440, a dart 383 and an 04 srt 4. I never had any problems with these at all, but this vehicle was such a disappointment. In the past 5-6 years Dodge and Chrysler have neglected the build quality, fit and finish and reliability of their vehicles. I had issues also with my wife's 06 caravan and so we traded it in for this piece of junk. I will never ever buy another new domestic car ever again. Chrysler, GM and ford should just shut their doors b/c people are not going to buy unreliable gunk anymore. The car industry is super competitive. I traded my junk journey for a 2010 nissan Altima and very happy so far!!