No Issues...
By jimbodean on
2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
We traded in a 2005 Chevy Equinox with 53,000 miles for this Journey and have not looked back one time. The leather seats are comfy and clean. The DVD system and Satellite radio are great. I keep reading about brake issues but we have 21,000 miles and the rotors are original and in great shape, we are not seeing any of the steering wheel shaking at all. Lots of room, lots of storage, 3rd row seating is for kids only but convenient if needed. We will be taking this car on a 2500 mile round trip from Nebraska to South Carolina in July and I have no trepidations at this point on reliability or comfort. The wife loves the back up camera and all the other R/T amenities.
Favorite Features
Back up camera, DVD system, storage, AWD
Suggested Improvements
More foot space on 3rd row seating.
By jimbodean
on 04/27/12 11:38 AM (PDT)

Update to my Update from yesterday. I called Dodge and they assigned me to a Case Manager for a cost assistance deal. Dealership called me this morning and told me that they had been contaced by Dodge and told that all I will have to pay is $100.00 and they would take care of the other $1600.00 to repair the transmission. I have to say, this was great news and I am glad they stepped up to help out. A car with 32,000 miles on it should not have a transmission failure in this day and age. They say I will get it back today, hope all works smooth and we don't see any more problems with this Journey.

By jimbodean
on 04/26/12 16:47 PM (PDT)

Update- It is now April 26th and guess what, the transmission went out. Guess what else? We are 8 days out of the warranty and roadside assistance with only 32,733 miles on the car. $80.00 tow, it is now at the dealership and I have a case number with Dodge for cost assistance. I would now put it at 2 stars, what car has its transmission go out before 50,000 miles?

By jimbodean
on 04/27/14 08:46 AM (PDT)

Update - it is April 27th 2014. The Journey now has 54,000 miles on it and no issues since the tranny was replaced. The latest rotors and pads have lasted longer than any previously used on it but I did have to put $1000 worth of tires on it, these 19 inch tires are not cheap. Gas mileage has become a factor, it is getting 16 MPG combined so I traded in my Saturn Vue 6 cyl AWD and got a 2014 Nissan Altima to help offset the gas costs. 2 years left on the Journey loan, I think when it is paid off, the wife wants to look at those new Hyundai Tucson's. Happy Driving!

By jimbodean
on 06/12/14 19:45 PM (PDT)

Update - Wife has had it with putting gas in the Journey every 3 days. Traded it in on a 2014 Mazda 3 that she loves. 35 bucks fills it up and it goes for 400 miles. To be honest, it is nice to not have the headache and constant worry of when the Journey was going to need brakes or tires or have something else go wrong. I feel badly for the person who gets suckered into buying it. The transmission was acting up again. Oh well, moving on!