2009 Dodge Journey Consumer Review: mystery water leak

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

mystery water leak
By wildwine on

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the 2009 Dodge Journey since July 2008. Had 2 recalls so far for brakes and power invertor connectors of which both were fixed. Now we have water entering car on drivers side and leaving carpet and foam underneath soaking in water. Door seals were changed and still having problem. Taking it in tomorrow for the 3rd time. Let me add that this car only has 15,500 miles on it. We are senior citizens living on a fixed income and cannot afford another one and one year owed on this one. Angry is not the word I would use at the present time but I need to keep it clean,(sic). Of course with our luck warranty is no longer applicable. I will prevail.

Favorite Features

Comfortable driving and riding.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality. Don't use recycled beer cans to make vechicles.
By adj251
on 05/31/12 21:13 PM (PDT)

My mom bought a used 2009 Journey like yours a little over a year ago and it currently has almost 105,000 miles and we haven't had any major problems. Everyone keeps saying the tires are really expensive to replace but they aren't if you don't go to the dealer. I hope that your Journey lasts a long time good luck.

By wildwine
on 02/28/12 14:53 PM (PST)

They finally found where water was coming in through behind door side kick panel. Removed cowl panel and repaired incomplete body seam under cowl panel. Also, cleared out pinche weld drains to allow flow.