Leaves me stranded with two kids
By shellwagg on
2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I bought my Journey in March 2009. I had no problems for about a year but I did not put many miles on it that first year. Then I had the brake problems like everyone else. Here is my big problem. Sometimes my car just wont start. I had the battery replaced and all was well for about a month. Now it has started up again. I got stuck at the mall last night. Also, we have had a leak in our raditor hose. My car almost over heated not too long ago. We used that stuff the clogs the hose and it has held so far. Anyone have any problems like this?
By journeynomo
on 03/17/12 15:38 PM (PDT)

I also have a 2009 dodge journey, have experienced the flickering of headlights, instrument panel lights, etc. They search and searched to no avail. Finally we dropped car off and told them to not call us until repaired. Turns out just prior we had a sun visor flip up that broke and had replaced under warrenty. After having back several time-they finally brought in a couple electrical services personel to look it over Viola-turns out the screw on visor had nicked wire that passed the visor and went on up to the inside compartment lights-wire was shorting out all the others by grounding. Finally got that fixed. Then car started stalling when first getting in reverse or drive and would do so until warmed up???? We had purchased extended warrenty??? They took car in to do recall work then tranny. Yep, seals are leaking, guess what else there is no dipstick to check tranny fluids, nope nada! Guess what we asked service to show us where to check so we could check as needed-can only be done by a "professional mech". We were told that tranny seals were leaking and guess what the big news is???? The seals are NOT covered by extended warrenty! Guess what else the parts are cheap! Guess what else, just to drop tranny down to replace said seals will cost?????? $1,600 bucks. Might not be too bad if wasn't the fact that wife has been off work since Dec at 1/2 pay, plus I am on disability. I feel that if they can warrenty their pickups for 5 yrs/100,000 miles this should apply to this car! yes, we have also had the brakes replace. Now here is the funny thing, I use to be a heavy line mechanic! I KNOW it is a manufacturing DEFECT! Seals do not go out this soon-I have owned Chevy-no seal problem on several 4X4, Express van, nissan pick up-no seal problems, ford aerostar awd, Mazda 626 since been married 34 years ago-NO SEAL problems on any of these vehicles and that is working them hard not gentle like we have done this car! SO I guarantee that we will NOT ever BUY dodge or chrysler products! Sorry, one is no longer-the other will soon join the ranks. And by the way Dodge-if you want to survive then do not SCREW your customers!!! Fix it and get good reviews however, since you will not. The average disgruntle customers tell 16+ people about their bad experience-YOU will lose business as I WILL SPREAD the news about your bad service plus all other problems that people are having. By the way I bought your product due to family having your pickups, etc. not they are not please with there trouble= 16+ more people told(this is called NEGAtive advertising!!! Chevy I will be back-oh crap-the resale value for my car is in the gutter-due to above average problems, etc!!!!

By pete132
on 08/10/11 06:40 AM (PDT)

I bought my Journey in May 2009 for my wife for Mother's Day, ole boy did it look pretty in the front yard with the balloons and the ribbon wrap around it. Three years later I wish it was out of my yard, I done had problems with not starting, replacing brakes and rotors at 11,000 miles, engine rattling, front end making noise when turning the wheel, replacing brake lights after one year,some indicator light come on and some don't, and I have taken it back to the dealer multiple times and they can't find nothing wrong with it. As I speak my vehicle is in the parking lot of a restaurant because it won't start, keep saying bad key so I tried another key and that didn't work. Worst vehicle I ever bought by far!!!!

By snlewis
on 09/14/11 23:56 PM (PDT)

I could not agree with the two of you more! Please... Don't feel like you are alone! The best thing I can tell you is, and this is coming from someone who has been in your shoes since June of 2008 with this LEMON of a car. I am hopefully getting rid of mine tomorrow! And just wait for the insult when you go to get rid of your LEMON! The trade in value because everyone at other dealerships knows the cars are junk, will be insulting to you also!!!! Be ready for it! But with my Journey, after about 8 months (and 5 trips to the dealership, for them to not be able to duplicate the not starting problem) my car after it would finally start, then it would drive a couple hundred feet and DIE... Engine dies, EVERYTHING dies.... Just sending out this warning to you, because I've had it happen in very busy intersections around the Los Angeles area. BE CAREFULL!!!! THIS CAR IS NOT SAFE! And yes, brake pads, and rotors... I think we have done 7 sets of pads, and 2 or 3 sets of rotors on this P.O.S. in 66,000 miles.