Hope all goes well!
By tred20 on
2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Just purchased the journey about a week ago, and I must say that I'm pleased with what I got. After reading all the reviews I'm getting scared but I must press on. Can't let others dictate my decision. In the past I've been driving jalopies. Now I got something that can stand proudly next to and say this is my car. My wife absolutely adores this suv. I have alot of concerns, but judging from what i previously owned I feel that I'm much better off. I pray that I don't experience some of the problems that others have experienced. Although I have noticed a slight squealing noise coming from the hvac unit. I hope this is not a sign. Guys I use to drive a car that had not heat nor ac.
Favorite Features
I love all the hidden compartments. R/T rocks. I feel that I don't deserve all these features. The 3 row seating folds flat (yes). Love the interior.
Suggested Improvements
I feel that the touch screen should of been placed somewhere else. On a sunny day can't really see the screen. I don't need to be fooling around with the radio while I drive anyway.
By ccard3
on 04/17/12 15:05 PM (PDT)

Check back with us in a few months! We have an 09, bought it in January of 2010 with not even 20,000 miles it. I have had to replace the brakes, The ENTIRE TRANSMISSON had to be rebuilt ( took 2 weeks! ) the starter has gone out, and NOW it wont start and the dealership dosnt know why or what to do. I used to LOVE this car it was an "upgrade" for me too but now the trade it has negative equity and we cant get rid of it and it is nothing but a money pit! Hope you have better luck!

By tred20
on 05/28/12 01:19 AM (PDT)

Hope all goes well went wrong for me. Sadly to say that my hype on having this fully loaded vehicle turned out to be loaded with problems with heartache and pain. I have experienced the dreadful starting issue (omg!). And to top that my PTO went out on my transmission. To repair it took a week. But the service sucked. I would call and call. It seemed like they wanted to keep the darn thing. They never answered nor returned my calls. Only when they felt like it. I've only had this car for 3 months. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. I hate to part with all the goodies on the inside, but my smiles have turned to frowns. I even get huge amounts of compliments on how nice the car looks. I'm trading it in for what I really wanted a TRUCK. I hope that goes well for me