2009 Dodge Journey Consumer Review: Do not purchase this vehicle -

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Do not purchase this vehicle - 2009 - 4 Cyclinder Model
By barry_72 on

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Brakes are horrible. Just after 12k miles, front brakes had to be replaced. I replaced with Autozone pads (lifetime warranty) and those lasted for another 20k miles better than the mopar's. I'm on my 3rd set of brakes using Autozone pads which offer free replacements. Rear brakes had to be replaced at 38k miles. I've never had a car in which the rear brakes had to be addressed before 100k miles. Don't let Chrysler touch your brakes. $30 for your first pair of Autozone brand and they last longer with LIFETIME warranty even with normal wear. Chrysler will just put the same sub standard parts on your car for replacement that you'll have to pay dearly to replace.

Interior design. Size. Style. (Had to replace the sun glasses drop down storage and fix the rear seat's center console since the plastic molding broke off.

Chrysler should take ownership when their mechanical design is less than other makes/models. Interior has a nice design but terrible quality. Brakes are the worst I've experienced on any car. Why in the world would you have to replace your battery from under the driver side wheel well? Battery placement is a horrible design idea.
By journeytohell
on 08/09/11 15:13 PM (PDT)

I have a 2009 Journey with 30,000 miles and had 3 sets of brakes. Every ten thousand miles I need new brakes and new rotors. How can I afford this car? I have had it in 3 times with issues on it not starting. My warrenty is now up and they don't want to fix the problem that they could not solve before the warrenty was up. I got stuck at the gas station last week. The car is a beautiful LEMON!!!