Used 2009 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Worst Car I've EVER Owned
By kysmommy07

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car because I wanted something. I previously had a pontiac g6 but after I gave birth to my son I needed more room for my son and all his accessories (car sear, stroller, diaper bag etc). I am a VERY safe driver.
I checked for recalls, I've tried different brake pads. NOTHING! I took it to multiple dodge dealerships and 3rd party mechanics. I finally contacted Dodge's corporate office. I was told that I could be reimbursed for all my repairs up to 36,000 K-$500.00. Now my transmission went out at 46k. It's a 09 with 46K and no warranty. 110$ Junk! Several class action lawsuits. Worse car ever. Life threatening defects.

Storage under the seats

Brakes that don't wear out every 3000K.

mystery water leak
By wildwine

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the 2009 Dodge Journey since July 2008. Had 2 recalls so far for brakes and power invertor connectors of which both were fixed. Now we have water entering car on drivers side and leaving carpet and foam underneath soaking in water. Door seals were changed and still having problem. Taking it in tomorrow for the 3rd time. Let me add that this car only has 15,500 miles on it. We are senior citizens living on a fixed income and cannot afford another one and one year owed on this one. Angry is not the word I would use at the present time but I need to keep it clean,(sic). Of course with our luck warranty is no longer applicable. I will prevail.

Comfortable driving and riding.

Better quality. Don't use recycled beer cans to make vechicles.

Hope all goes well!
By tred20

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased the journey about a week ago, and I must say that I'm pleased with what I got. After reading all the reviews I'm getting scared but I must press on.
Can't let others dictate my decision.
In the past I've been driving jalopies.
Now I got something that can stand proudly next to and say this is my car.
My wife absolutely adores this suv.
I have alot of concerns, but judging from what i previously owned I feel that I'm much better off.
I pray that I don't experience some of the problems that others have experienced.
Although I have noticed a slight squealing noise coming from the hvac unit.
I hope this is not a sign.
Guys I use to drive a car that had not heat nor ac.

I love all the hidden compartments. R/T rocks. I feel that I don't deserve all these features. The 3 row seating folds flat (yes). Love the interior.

I feel that the touch screen should of been placed somewhere else. On a sunny day can't really see the screen. I don't need to be fooling around with the radio while I drive anyway.

Giving my Journey back due to so many problems
By costafamily5

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 journey about 6 months ago and it has been sitting in my driveway the last 2 months due to grinding when trying to drive and transmission fluid pooring out of it:(I bought it because it's roomy and my family and I like to take road trips but this was a bad buy we had to replace 3 tires already and to me the problems we are having means its not a safe family vehicle.I am not paying on it anymore and I refuse to buy another one,not worth the headache or the money its sad to say but true.Good luck future buyers if you want a lemon this would be a good choice.

The interior was very nice and the color of the exterior,other then that nothing.

Should make sure product runs right before putting it on the market.People has put alot of money on these vehicles.

great car but lousy service
By rhofwinnssc

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used six months ago.
I have had problems with the car starting, the starter was finally replaced after ten - twenty visits to a dealer.
Now six months later the car will not start and I call the Chrysler corporation feeling as if they will help make me whole.
Nothing doing, I took the car to a authorized dealer and found out that it was a faulty wireless module and key.
You can guess what happened, your warranty does not cover it and you have to pay seven hundred dollars to have it repaired.
What a kicker!!!
If you plan on purchasing the Journey buy brand new, this is why I will not purchase another American made car. Foreign dealers make customers whole.

Make sure customers are truly satisfied with your customer service. Even if they purchased your merchandise second hand. The quality should be up to par when selling a used vehicle.