2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Broken Record
By Afager on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in December of '09 used w/ 15,000 miles on it after looking mainly at GMC Acadia's, this came along and I liked the look of it. The price was considerably less and it ended up being a same day purchase. I agree with many of the above comments, little interior things break frequently which is annoying but not a big deal. The BIG deal is the front brakes & rotors. We replaced them at 25,000 and are now having to replace them again at 36,000. We also got the calipers replaced at the same time as the first brake job since we were told they were sticking which was supposedly the cause of the first brake job. This time they have no excuse and it's the same shop.

Seat cover stains
By PHIL COMER on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

From the day I drove my new car off the lot I have had problems with water stains on the seat cover material. I have been trying to get the company to do something about it for over a year now. They are supposed to let me know by 10/21/2010. This is clearly a defect in the material. Even condensation from a cold soda can will leave a stain.

GPS will cost you!
By Give me my Liberty!! on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is not made known to you up front, but it will cost $250.00 to update your GPS. After 1.5 years, my GPS begins to flash signs at me stating "Map Location Unknown". Funny, it is my home location and it recognized it for a long time. Finally, dealerships do not even know how to direct you in getting it updated. I had to call around.

The low down
By steveh77 on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I read a lot of reviews on the Dodge Journey's and I think the majority of them have big holes. This is not a mini-van, not a fun to drive sports car, it is a family hauler. We immediately took our new-to-us Journey on a 4 hour road trip and it was great. Not once did I adjust my seat, the wife and the one child we took never got sick or hot or cold. Nobody complained at all; at least about anything to do with the vehicle. The ride is smooth and the only thing you can hear from the outside is some engine noise, pretty low level unless you gun it; easily drowned out by the radio at normal levels. I find it easier to drive than a grand caravan, turns really well for its size.

Ultilty with comfort
By D.R. on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 99 Dodge truck for 10 years. Time for a change. Truck ran great 150,000. Staying with Dodge. This journey is a blast. I love all the room it has. Light construction projects are breeze, all the seats lay flat for hauling 8 ft. 2x4, s and can still close the hatch. Family of 5 no problem with 3row seating. Interior nice, gps and sound system, awesome. No regrets.

Forewarned!
By Tara on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been interesting to say the least. I like the design and gas mileage but as I am writing this my car is having it's back brakes replaced after last week having the transmission replaced. This past spring we had the front breaks replaced. What will be next. I contacted Chrysler and they have no recalls! Clearly there is a huge problem with this vehicle. Our dealership has been wonderful. I will contact Dodge with a formal complaint along with consumer protection. Any advice would be appreciated. I miss my Pacifica that I traded in for this car! If Chrysler does not address this we will be purchasing a GM product, unfortunate in that we have owned over 10 Chrysler vehicles.

No Brakes
By mommy22 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like everyone else I am having brake and rotor problems, mine were at 14,000 mi, I was lucky as a "one time customer courtesy they were only charging me $100.00 deductible"

Brakes & Other Issues
By Danenne on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our car now for 17 months and my brakes are already going out on it. I previously owned a Dodge Neon for 6 years, and Never had to replace the brakes and I drove it all the time everywhere. This vehicle I don't drive often and it seems like it's falling apart already! The trims have been falling off piece by piece since we bought it. The stains on the seats won't come out, even with the stain guard. I hear weird noises on the car and the transmissions seems to run rough and the car takes a while to build up acceleration speed. Otherwise I really like the car, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's a bit of a lemon!

A Fun Journey
By Satisfied in Amsterd on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Sharp looking vehicle and reliable. The car is a fair price for what you get. Plenty of storage space and comfortable to take long trips in. The only improvement that I feel is necessary to this point would be to soften the metal edges on the track where you slide your seat back and forth. It is rather sharp and you can cut legs on this getting in and out of vehicle. I hope I enjoy the next 18,000 without any troubles.

Mine is going bye bye!
By chip on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well, after 30 months of wondering what will go wrong next. Tomorrow is my lucky day I am returning this car to the dealership where it came from. Last weekend I bought a Nissan awd and they paid off my final lease payments. It's so sad. This could be/should be a good car. And I feel so bad for anyone thinking of getting one or that has just gotten one. They have no idea what they are in for. Lesson learned. Do your research before you sign for a new car. I feel like buying a huge billboard someplace to vent my disappointment in this car. About the only good thing I can say is that it was good in snow but the four tires only lasted through one winter. And they are very expensive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*