Used 2009 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Journey SUV

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Have a Journey Problem?
By mpnight93

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like many of you I have had problems with my Dodge Journey also....... Take a look at http://www.change.org/petitions/dodge-journey-s-defects because we all know Dodge will NOT fix them. Brakes, win module and more cost you and me $300 to $600 each time due to their defects!

Please take a minute to sign and pass along the link above thanks, Mike

only a week after I purchased it...
By dionne25

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Journey at 57K miles. After a week of purchasing it it was in the shop to get something replaced. Now it's been 26 days and I took it back to the dealership because the car wouldn't start twice. (sigh) I wish I would've read these reviews before purchasing this.

sound system, storage and space

Do not buy this vehicle
By jessicap

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 Journey because it had everything I wanted in a vehicle.
Turned out to be the worst vehivle I've ever owned.
I bought it used in 12-2010 from my local Dodger dealership.
Within 15 months, I've had all 4 valve stems replaced, new brakes and rotors and now my transmission died today (it's stuck in 2nd).
The tires are also expensive to replace, costing around $1200 to replace all 4.
When the valve stems starting going one at a time, the Dodge dealiship initially told me it was my problem and I'd have to pay for it.
The first one went out 3 months after my purchase.
next one, 6 months, then 9 months then the last one went out at 15 months after purchase.
Not worth it!!!!

disapointed in this vehical
By jsteele1

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

its too bad that this vehical isn't what was advertised to be.
electrical systems are dangerous.
even after the replacement of the electrical harness on the drivers side door, the modual for the power windows, locks, etc.
melted yesterday.
not just a small thing either.
large areas of it on both sides were no longer recognizable.
scorch marks on the "new" harnes as well as the insulation under it.
the air bag alert light has continued to come on a number of times. the started modual had to be replaced.
the air condition/ heating needed to replaced.
19" tires are special order and expensive.
front wheel drive does not work effectively on my driveway.
regret buying this vehical alot

am satisfied with the cd/ stereo system being able to directly connect mp 3 player. plus power supplies. there is a lumbar adjustment for my husband and adjustable drivers seat. don't know if it good enough to make up for all of times it has been to the dealer ship.

i hope the newer versions of the vehical have made up for this years problems.

brakes and tires, brakes and tires
By michand

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the first Journey our Dodge dealership had in stock. I was excited because I planned on starting a family and wanted the room and comfort. The Journey has served its purpose but not without costing me a fortune. I have had 3 sets of brakes and 2 sets of tires in 4 years. The tires for my Journey cost $1200-$1500 a set, brakes and rotors cost $500-$800. Also small things like a battery replacement was $250 and I broke the valve stem on the tire and it was $150.

I loved the car but can't afford the costly maintenance. We just traded it in on a Honda, we lost the room but have many less headaches when it comes to the upkeep of a vehicle.

The roomy interior and all of the compartments. There are 2 coolers in the back, 1 small on in the dash, sunglasses holder, compartments under the seats, and console. I liked the "family" vehicle but sporty look it provided.