Used 2009 Dodge Journey SE Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Brand New Junk
By geri

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What an embarrassment. I really got took on this and now that I want to trade it in, I find out that it's not worth anything. The seat broke, the mirror cover broke. You can't breath on the seats without staining them. I have never hated a car like I do this one and I had a Chevette once. The Chevette had more power. Need I say more?

Cupholder

Dodge needs to find another product to make. Give up on the automobiles.

Great Crossover for the Money
By Bestcrossover

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Dodge Journey. I hadn't even heard of it when I saw it at the dealership! I had been looking for a car with SUV feel and room with better gas mileage than I had been getting in larger truck based vehicles. I have the 4 cyl engine, which doesn't have the power of a 6, but gets the job done for trips and work commutes. It is an attractive car that many people have asked me about, as it is quite uncommon on the road and is a new model.

Everyone seems to like the storage bins, but I think the best feature is how much room is inside the cabin. I am six foot six and I easily slide in and out and have tons of headroom and legroom. The telescoping wheel is amazing and the seat is comfortable. The 6 disc/Ipod plug stereo is standard.

None really...the car is great! Drives smooth and has a great suspension. If you are looking at the Ford Edge, Chevy Traverse, etc., give this car a try. It is much less money for the same features.

Don't Waste your money
By Darla

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car i have ever bought. After 20,000 miles i have had to replace the brakes. I took it into the dealership today because the check engine light came and I need to have the breaks done again. The seats stain like crazy. This is not a good car for little kids. My son spilled a soda in the seat and now it is stained and i can't get it out. I definitely don't recommend this car.

recall this car for the brakes and correct the interior seats

what a mistake
By Betsy

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Where to start. I have had my Journey for 18 months. My seats stain from rain or water, My breaks and rotors just went after 20,000 miles. My pass. window doesnt always work. My front sensor has been replaced. I have a 2009 car and you would think that I would want to show it off but I am embarrassed to have any one ride with me- the seats are horrible!!!!! Want to trade it in on something better!

NOTHING!

Seat Material- Recall Breaks and rotors- do a recall on all Journey and refund customers

This car is worthless
By mygrace02

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our journey less than a year ago..we took it in 2 wks after purchase for excessive brake dust and brakes didn't brake well. It has now been there 5 times for the brakes. They resurfaced rotors at 9000 and replaced back rotors at 12500miles. I have had it back 3 weeks and my brakes squeal and grind still. It is a horrible braking system. I have 3 children i drive in this car and absolutely do not feel safe. If I wanted this many probs. i would have bought a used car. All this not to mention it feels like it stalls when i accelerate and it always makes some horn like noise when i start it all of which they can't seem to correct. HORRIBLE CAR!!!!!

Braking system needs to be recalled. I am obviously not the only one who has these issues.