Used 2009 Dodge Journey SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Don't Waste your money
By Darla

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car i have ever bought. After 20,000 miles i have had to replace the brakes. I took it into the dealership today because the check engine light came and I need to have the breaks done again. The seats stain like crazy. This is not a good car for little kids. My son spilled a soda in the seat and now it is stained and i can't get it out. I definitely don't recommend this car.

Suggested Improvements

recall this car for the brakes and correct the interior seats

what a mistake
By Betsy

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Where to start. I have had my Journey for 18 months. My seats stain from rain or water, My breaks and rotors just went after 20,000 miles. My pass. window doesnt always work. My front sensor has been replaced. I have a 2009 car and you would think that I would want to show it off but I am embarrassed to have any one ride with me- the seats are horrible!!!!! Want to trade it in on something better!

Favorite Features

NOTHING!

Suggested Improvements

Seat Material- Recall Breaks and rotors- do a recall on all Journey and refund customers

This car is worthless
By mygrace02

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our journey less than a year ago..we took it in 2 wks after purchase for excessive brake dust and brakes didn't brake well. It has now been there 5 times for the brakes. They resurfaced rotors at 9000 and replaced back rotors at 12500miles. I have had it back 3 weeks and my brakes squeal and grind still. It is a horrible braking system. I have 3 children i drive in this car and absolutely do not feel safe. If I wanted this many probs. i would have bought a used car. All this not to mention it feels like it stalls when i accelerate and it always makes some horn like noise when i start it all of which they can't seem to correct. HORRIBLE CAR!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Braking system needs to be recalled. I am obviously not the only one who has these issues.

Too many problems
By mrsrob

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't experience any problems until almost one year after I purchased it. The car would just shut off at times while at stoplight, I took it to the dealer each time this happened and after the third attempt they were able to finally correct the problem. Next my brakes and rotors needed to be replaced, I couldn't beleive a car with such low mileage would need brakes let alone rotors replaced! Now the engine light comes on while I'm driving, and starts flashing and starts riding really rough as if going to stall out. I pull over restart the car and it drives fine again. Not to mention the interior issues, water stains on seats and torn insulation that frames doors. Poorly made car!

Favorite Features

I was impressed by the design and size of the vehicle. Like the storage space and compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality seat fabric to resist water stains. Install better brake pads to prevent premature wear and tear. Have better electrical components and engine to prevent mishaps such as car shutting off and engine light coming on. should not have these kind of problems in a new car!!!

my leaky boat
By d manuel

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i had my journey in twice to repair a major leak still leaking booking another appointment today floods drivers side have 3 inches of water in the floor storage compartment.My seats are a mess if i open my doors in the rain or snow water drops stain my seats .cant be cleaned.dealer says dymler will not accept responsibility