2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Value for Money - SE Plus
By First Dodge Owner on 07/12/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I live in Toronto, Canada. Canadian market has SE Plus model, same 4.0 L engine except for $1,000 more you get more features (remote keyless entry, sunscreen glass, speed control, roof rack, security alarm). I had additional upgrades like Premium seats (same as SXT) for $375 and auto dim rear view mirror plus bluetooth for $300. Engine is noisy at high rams and lacks power. Otherwise quiet on highway.

Love this car!
By Whitney on 06/25/08 22:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased this car in April of 08. We LOVE it. Its our first car of our own and we feel we have made a wonderful choice. It's safe with the curtain air bags in the back. The seats are very comfortable. I love the fact that all the seats will fold down to put large objects in the car. The back doors opening 90 degrees make it much easier to get our daughter in and out of the car. I love all the storage. I can keep diapers and toys in the car for our daughter without having to see them 24/7. I love the style of this car. I'm a young mom and I get the features of a mini van without the look. My husbands mother loved ours so much 2 weeks later she got herself one! Great Car!

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 05/07/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove this CUV and at 60 mph is ran 2500-3000 rpms in fourth gear. When I gave it some gas it shifted down to 5500 rpm near red line! This car obviously does not have enough higher gears! Why not add a CVT Transmission to the four cylinder engine to make the 4 cylinder engine practical?

A Journey SE great value for the money!
By Vince &Sara on 04/19/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a Journey SE Plus 2.4 L (I believe model specific to Canada) we paid $22,973 for it. We feel a great amount of vehicle for the money. It's safe, roomy, quiet, decent build quality as well as fit and finish. The 2.4 is a little noisy upon acceleration and it's not the fastest vehicle upon take off, BUT it's definitely something we can live with. We drove it around 80 miles the first night we got it home (2 days ago=). We didn't want to get out of it. We find the seats to be supportive, with a great upright seating position,lots of leg and headroom both for front and rear passengers, ease of entry/exit, we like actually LIKE the basic uncomplicated instrumentation.

So-So SUV Wannabe
By joey on 03/31/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The engine is "complaining" all the time. noisy & rough. it keeps searching for gears once at a higher speed. rattles like diesel. the ride is so soft that when cornering it tilts and sways. the rpm stays at 3000 rpm all the time. so I doubt about the gas savings as it is a high-revving engine now it's mated to a bigger and heavier body

Great price
By brandon on 03/10/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The engine is fine getting around with amazing jump and even highways but when in upstate New York and the steep hills, I had to hold the pedal to the floor to get decent pick-up. Handles great on sharp turns. Radical gated shifter that leans down when in park is the easiest gated shifter to use and does not move into another gear if hit into easily. Interior is amazing with the YES essentials stain resistant cloth and DVD players and built-in booster seats. Great value and looks

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$120 per month*