2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
warning have your seatbelts checked
By david smith on 04/16/09 18:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've put 17,400 miles on it over 16,900 just going back and fourth to work alone, my wife used it one night to pick are daughter up a car cut her off and my daughter went flying to the windsheild the seatbelt failed the dealer said don't worry your covered but thats not the point it should have never happen, called Dodge -e-mailed Dodge no answer they don't care! One lady who answered the phone ask me what I want didge to do.... If they don't know then they don't need costumers 1 have it checked by a neutral dealership 2 check the part number find out what factory made it and check there qualty reports 3 go to factory a spot check seatbelts 4 contact engineers

Luv it
By wadd on 03/27/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Took it on a 1000 mile trip to Florida first month. 4 adults no one crowded. Good ride for an 8 hour trip.

Love this vehicle
By Joeslo on 03/17/09 15:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I took it on a weekend trip last weekend and it performed flawless. I was a little worried about the 4 cyl. but it had all the power I needed. The seating was very comfortable. The radio was the best I ever had. The milage was a little disapointing ( 21 mpg ). But I was climbing some steep hills.

Bad in Snow
By LRS on 02/26/09 03:24 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Dodge Minivan for this vehicle because I wanted something a bit smaller and more stylish. I love the way this car looks and is quite roomy BUT I was VERY dissappointed this winter with how the thing handled in the snow. There were seveal times that I almost didn't make it up some of the hills where I live. I thought it may have been my tires - but when I went to the tire dealership, they said my tires were fine! Also, the seats show everything which isn't good when you have small kids and a dog!

SE is a good Common Sense Car
By HMK on 12/22/08 14:51 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted to replace our compact care with something more practical. Was impressed by the low base price. You get a lot of car for the money. Lots of extras and safety is standard (ABS, ESP, Airbags). Good car for driving around town. Car handles and drives well.

Excellent for a young family!
By Yellow Cube on 12/16/08 08:28 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this crossover to replace my good ol' Plymouth Neon. I was looking for a Patriot, loved it in the test drive but waited a few weeks... and bam! The Journey went out! I just couldn't thank myself for waiting. For about $5,000 (Canadian) less, I could have about everything a Patriot Limited Edition could offer me (except for the leather finish, which I didn't want anyway). I was happy for being able to buy my familly a new vehicule, but with the Journey, I managed to get options I would never think of at this price with the SE Plus and the Family Pack options. I am very pleased with it and even made a lot of noise when going to friends a family with this beautiful beast.

There's a reason there was only 1 left!
By mopar on 11/15/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Good grief! My Canadian SE PLUS edition is a piece of junk! I was looking at Journey's and my dealer only had 1 journey left CC91601 to be exact and I know why it's a piece of junk. First my doors paint peels off due to mosture. Brillant Black fades easy and I've been fighting Chrysler about my noise when turning left.

Worst 4 cyl fuel economy I've ever owned
By Legacy Tranportation on 10/29/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our Journey is used as a Pilot car behind oversize loads. We track performance constantly to ensure profitability and cost of ownership. This Journey has run 97.8% highway miles between 56 and 65 mph. The fuel economy is horrible ranging from 17.1 mpg to an all time high of 24.9 with an overall average of 19.8. We have a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel that runs with the journey, they alternate position. In front or behind the load. The Diesel 1 ton is averaging 20.8 We are very disappointed with the Journey and plan on trading it asap. We purchased it for the fuel economy and safety, it is safe. There isn't enough power to get hurt very badly.

Journey Review Part 2
By Vince&Sara on 09/14/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

As promised we were going to write another review of our Journey when we came back from our road trip. We went on a 8700 km (5400 mile) 10 state trip. We came back about 2 weeks ago . Our Journey now has over 17,000 km(11,00 miles on it.) To date we have had no problems with it! Everything is working great. Sorry to hear others are having problems with yours. Gas mileage was better than we expected, the seats were great, the a/c kept up to 106 degree Las Vegas temps, even with the 2.4 L it easily cruised the interstates at 70-75-80 mph. Only the steep hills of Colorado made the 4 cyl work really hard. We had already knew the 4 cyl version was a little underpowered though, so we expected it.

Don't Buy
By Bigguy on 09/05/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had wiring harness done. Noise when turning left. Paint blistering and peeling. And Chrysler Canada would do nothing

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$120 per month*