Used 2009 Dodge Journey SE Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

I'm hurt
By Maddie

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My doors unlock by themselves, windows roll down, lights come on without me even starting the car. I've been to the dealer at least ten times to be told they cannot find the trouble. My car has been broken into 4 times because people walk by and see my open. They are hoping to find money. Family Dodge Please help me.

Great ride turning sour
By KB

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the 4 cylinder last year because it had the best Cash for Clunkers incentive that fit right in my budget. I was thrilled in the beginning and enjoyed very much the ride, style and comfort. Eventually I found myself visiting the dealership with some issues quite often than anticipated. I've owned several toyotas and wouldn't need to change my oil frequently or let alone change brakes before 36,000 Miles. To date, I've needed wheel alignment, changed the rack & pinion and wheel bearings. Now, I need new front brake pads and rotor! What a major disappointment :( I thought I my driving was erratic; but seeing all the other reviews made me realize that the car is junk.

Storage, Style, Comfort

2 Years - 2 Brake Jobs and more
By Ann

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Plan on getting new brakes every 15,000 miles. 2 brake jobs in 2 years and now it's in the shop for electrical system failure. The AC, turn signals and radio don't come on. Getting everything fixed is a problem.

If you want us to buy American cars, build something that lasts more than a year. Cars are not supposed to be disposable.

Loved it until
By MommaWhitney

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car and it was perfect for our growing family. It fits 2 very big car seats including one that is rear facing with hardly any problems. It has tons of storage for the kids toys and anything extra. And I love the all around look of the car. BUT at around 2 yrs (20,000 miles) I started having very similar problems as all the other reviewers. Even my mother in law who bought one right after me was having the same issues. I'm sad to say that the way dodge is handling the problems of 2009 journeys is going to cost them many customers. It's not worth buying a new car when you have to replace it two years later. Which is what I will be doing tomorrow, if I can trade it in for what I owe!

BRAKES
By Angie

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have had this car for going on 2 years now. We are seeing issues and after reading on here it is nice to see that we are not the only ones with issues. Today my brake light came on at 27,400 miles. I went to the dealership to find out that my front brakes are totally shot, I need new pads and rotors and my back brakes are almost shot too. So having a fairly new vehicle and sticking over $700. is not my idea of great. I am seeing alot of brake issues and yet Dodge wants to deny that there is a problem.