Used 2009 Dodge Journey SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Journey

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

2 Years - 2 Brake Jobs and more
By Ann

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Plan on getting new brakes every 15,000 miles. 2 brake jobs in 2 years and now it's in the shop for electrical system failure. The AC, turn signals and radio don't come on. Getting everything fixed is a problem.

Suggested Improvements

If you want us to buy American cars, build something that lasts more than a year. Cars are not supposed to be disposable.

Loved it until
By MommaWhitney

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car and it was perfect for our growing family. It fits 2 very big car seats including one that is rear facing with hardly any problems. It has tons of storage for the kids toys and anything extra. And I love the all around look of the car. BUT at around 2 yrs (20,000 miles) I started having very similar problems as all the other reviewers. Even my mother in law who bought one right after me was having the same issues. I'm sad to say that the way dodge is handling the problems of 2009 journeys is going to cost them many customers. It's not worth buying a new car when you have to replace it two years later. Which is what I will be doing tomorrow, if I can trade it in for what I owe!

BRAKES
By Angie

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have had this car for going on 2 years now. We are seeing issues and after reading on here it is nice to see that we are not the only ones with issues. Today my brake light came on at 27,400 miles. I went to the dealership to find out that my front brakes are totally shot, I need new pads and rotors and my back brakes are almost shot too. So having a fairly new vehicle and sticking over $700. is not my idea of great. I am seeing alot of brake issues and yet Dodge wants to deny that there is a problem.

Brand New Junk
By geri

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What an embarrassment. I really got took on this and now that I want to trade it in, I find out that it's not worth anything. The seat broke, the mirror cover broke. You can't breath on the seats without staining them. I have never hated a car like I do this one and I had a Chevette once. The Chevette had more power. Need I say more?

Favorite Features

Cupholder

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to find another product to make. Give up on the automobiles.

Great Crossover for the Money
By Bestcrossover

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Dodge Journey. I hadn't even heard of it when I saw it at the dealership! I had been looking for a car with SUV feel and room with better gas mileage than I had been getting in larger truck based vehicles. I have the 4 cyl engine, which doesn't have the power of a 6, but gets the job done for trips and work commutes. It is an attractive car that many people have asked me about, as it is quite uncommon on the road and is a new model.

Favorite Features

Everyone seems to like the storage bins, but I think the best feature is how much room is inside the cabin. I am six foot six and I easily slide in and out and have tons of headroom and legroom. The telescoping wheel is amazing and the seat is comfortable. The 6 disc/Ipod plug stereo is standard.

Suggested Improvements

None really...the car is great! Drives smooth and has a great suspension. If you are looking at the Ford Edge, Chevy Traverse, etc., give this car a try. It is much less money for the same features.