Used 2009 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Happy Family
By Tracy K on 05/30/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Journey R/T AWD and we are so very happy with it. It's sporty, handles well, has lots of room and storage. We bought one with all the bells and whistles and are having fun with it. My kids love the DVD player and the temp control in the back.

So Far So Good
By JON on 05/29/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went to the dealer for a hole in one sponsorship for a golf tourney, parts guy remembered that we had been there a year ago looking for a crossover, and asked if we had seen the journey. long story short, I saw it, loved it, called my wife to come down. She test drove it and told me that it was what she wanted. We had looked and driven many in the $26,000 and under range, and she only liked the Mazda Tribute, until the Journey that is. The journey drives great, and is comfortable. It is perfect for us. Controls are good, sound system is good, plenty of room and storage. After 1000 miles we average about 20.5 mi per gal. It is no speed demon, but as a family vehicle it is perfect for us.

Ride of our LIFE
By Ride of our LIFE on 05/22/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My family and I think it is an awesome vehicle. Wasn't too sure at first but I really like it now. Glad we bought it now.I really like the quiet smooth ride. My husband loves the sunroof and the fog lights. I think overall it is a great start to what could be an awesome vehicle if they just make a few changes.

Frustrated
By Frustrated on 05/22/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our first car the day before Mother's Day. The next day, while driving, the car started smoking and the inside filled up with smoke. The car was leaking something from below which was actually dripping in little fire balls. The car went back the next day. They said it was a bad axle seal and that the company wants them to replace the part not just the seal b/c something may not be right with the whole part. Long story short, some hot words from my husband the manager found us a new car. Picked it up on Tues, brought it back Wed. There is a short somewhere preventing the controls on the steering wheel, horn, interior lights from working. So two cars in a week, both returned.

I'm pleased
By Tom on 05/22/08 03:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only local trips, great ride & handling. Like radio controls on back of steering wheel & great sound system. Gotta love all the storage space. Averaging 18+ mpg around town. Taking road trip soon, looking forward to see what mpg will be.

What a Journey
By Chris Hussey on 05/19/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Journey was the answer to all our questions. We didn't want a minivan, but wanted something with optional seating for 7. Lambdas were too big and too expensive. Love the design. Love the storage options. Fuel economy on a recent trip averaged 24.5, mixed city and highway, and I have the 3.5 V6. Built in booster seats are perfect for our two girls. It has plenty of power when you need it and handles great. Hanling is tight. Love the 19" wheels and the MyGig. Only negative is the huge blind spot, but I bought some spot mirrors and the problem was solved. I recommend everyone give this vehicle a chance. Dodge was right on target with the Journey.

great ride
By imaso001 on 05/15/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride on this suv is amazing. The R/T has a performance suspension and it is well worth getting. The suv hugs the corners and stays steady through out and handles rough roads easily. Has a very quiet ride at high speeds as well. The V6 mated to the 6 speed auto works great together. Don't get the 4 it is underpowered The drive train provides plenty of power and the 6 speed shifts up and down smooth. The third row seat came in handy when my nephews rode to town with us. DVD system kept all 4 kids entertained and the sound quality with the infinity system is excellent. I have had the car for a month now and can find nothing negative to say about it. You can do anything with the MYGIG system

gps
By bob on 05/13/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice fun to drive, how ever the gps need work. $2200. For the mygig is a little high, I have a 250.00 handheld garmin that dose more and is easier to use, plue it lock out some of the functions when your moving.

Best U turn I made!
By Toolman on 05/10/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Journey, found by accident while turning around in Dodge dealership. Had a hard time finding Green, Was not able to get features I wanted, still ironing that out with dealership. Almost bought Pontiac Torrent but found it a waste of space. Journey is loaded with space. Only had two weeks and there is a creaking noise when I hit bump from drivers side rear. Excellent handling with 19" tires

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 05/07/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove this CUV and at 60 mph is ran 2500-3000 rpms in fourth gear. When I gave it some gas it shifted down to 5500 rpm near red line! This car obviously does not have enough higher gears! Why not add a CVT Transmission to the four cylinder engine to make the 4 cylinder engine practical?