2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Don't Waste your money
By Darla on 03/11/10 12:50 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car i have ever bought. After 20,000 miles i have had to replace the brakes. I took it into the dealership today because the check engine light came and I need to have the breaks done again. The seats stain like crazy. This is not a good car for little kids. My son spilled a soda in the seat and now it is stained and i can't get it out. I definitely don't recommend this car.

what a mistake
By Betsy on 02/22/10 18:13 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Where to start. I have had my Journey for 18 months. My seats stain from rain or water, My breaks and rotors just went after 20,000 miles. My pass. window doesnt always work. My front sensor has been replaced. I have a 2009 car and you would think that I would want to show it off but I am embarrassed to have any one ride with me- the seats are horrible!!!!! Want to trade it in on something better!

This car is worthless
By mygrace02 on 02/22/10 08:32 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our journey less than a year ago..we took it in 2 wks after purchase for excessive brake dust and brakes didn't brake well. It has now been there 5 times for the brakes. They resurfaced rotors at 9000 and replaced back rotors at 12500miles. I have had it back 3 weeks and my brakes squeal and grind still. It is a horrible braking system. I have 3 children i drive in this car and absolutely do not feel safe. If I wanted this many probs. i would have bought a used car. All this not to mention it feels like it stalls when i accelerate and it always makes some horn like noise when i start it all of which they can't seem to correct. HORRIBLE CAR!!!!!

Too many problems
By mrsrob on 01/18/10 11:12 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't experience any problems until almost one year after I purchased it. The car would just shut off at times while at stoplight, I took it to the dealer each time this happened and after the third attempt they were able to finally correct the problem. Next my brakes and rotors needed to be replaced, I couldn't beleive a car with such low mileage would need brakes let alone rotors replaced! Now the engine light comes on while I'm driving, and starts flashing and starts riding really rough as if going to stall out. I pull over restart the car and it drives fine again. Not to mention the interior issues, water stains on seats and torn insulation that frames doors. Poorly made car!

my leaky boat
By d manuel on 01/06/10 08:04 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i had my journey in twice to repair a major leak still leaking booking another appointment today floods drivers side have 3 inches of water in the floor storage compartment.My seats are a mess if i open my doors in the rain or snow water drops stain my seats .cant be cleaned.dealer says dymler will not accept responsibility

It's an okay car. Poor quality.
By linndzee24 on 12/19/09 17:48 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a few months and overall I like the car. My main problem with the car is the interior. Just plain water stains the seats and with two small kids that is not a good thing. Also, I have had problems with the check engine light coming on. I read the book and it says if the light goes off after a couple times of driving the car it's ok. That doesn't sound right to me. The light did finally go off though and I haven't had it come back on.

Nothing but Problems!!
By Tampa Buyer on 11/02/09 10:32 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2009 Dodge Journey in Sept of 2008, and have had nothing but problems with it!! Even though I love the design of the car, the QUALITY STINKS!! I had to have my Rack and Pinion Power Steering replaced THREE TIMES, which would have qualified it as a LEMON, but decided to give it another chance after the dealership FINALLY FIXED it! NOW my BRAKES have gone bad already after only 25K miles!! What the heck do they cover for the so called "bumper to bumper" warranty coverage. By advice - DONT BUY THIS CAR!!

Headache
By Dode on 08/25/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Less than 10K miles, 4th time in shop; this time for CV shaft replacement. Twice for cowl, which is currently on backorder. Car made thunking noise, found out the motor mounts were never tightened at factory. When pulling into the grocerly store parking lot, this car creaks and groans like a 10- year old used car with 150K miles. My brother-in-law told me to buy new to avoid someone else's headaches. Ha! I deserve this for listening to someone else's opinion.

Happy Journey
By Cameron on 07/13/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 15,000km on my dodge journey SE. So far, so good. The 4 banger is not that powerful but I did get it for the gas mileage (which is great on highway!). Still has pick-up and I don't find it too noisey. Curious how it will be long term though. I am happy with the Journey and will let you all know if problems start.

bEST CAR i HAVE EVER OWNED
By joeslo on 06/19/09 11:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe Chrysler is thinking of doing away with this vehicle. This is the best car I have ever owned. I was always a GM person, being retired from there. But Gm can't come close to the Journey for the same price. Their Travers costs about $10,000 more than the Journey. The excutives better rethink their decision to deep six the Journey. maybe they should do away with the Nitro and the Jeep Patriot instead of the Journey. If they do go ahead and discontinue the Journey I can see why the are the most disfunctional car company in the world. Maybe they should fire some of the excutives that are making these decisions. Why don't they advertise this gem instead their lousy trucks.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$120 per month*