2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Wish I Never Traded
By Terry on 07/16/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Steering pump went out very quickly. Had to stay with dealer 3 days no loaner. Dash has too much plastic, pops and cracks all the time. A/C acts crazy, makes funny air noises on take off and drain stopped up which flooded passenger floor on 6 hour trip. Transmission cannot find proper gear. 6 speed shifts up and down all the time, manual mode is a laugh. Tail pipe rubbing making funny noise. Dealer no help, service adviser had never been inside one. Worst new car I have owned. Have other issues but not enough space to tell them all. Think I got a Lemon.

Great Family Vehicle
By nl1223 on 07/14/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great vehicle for me and my 2 girls. On the 3rd day we had the Journey, we went on a camping trip. It held all our gear and supplies easily. The seats and the handling made the 6 hour drive a breeze. When my girls want to take a couple of friends along, it's no problem with the 3rd row seat. As a busy, single mom, I highly recommend this vehicle.

From Happy ... to Crappy
By DLD on 07/14/08 08:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was ecstatic when my journey finally came in (took 10 weeks, was promised 8). I have had it for less than 2K miles and I have had it in the shop twice for the electrical system, when I start the car on occasion (about once a week) nothing runs but the engine, no lights, radio, turn signals, gauges etc) and am having a problem with the transmission skipping and hopping and also it is pouring transmission fluid on the ground when it is parked. Been waiting on a part for over 2 weeks. I have been told twice that the electrical problem has been fixed but it is still happening. I really loved this car in the beginning but not any more unfortunately.

complaint
By Don & Loretta Pontri on 07/14/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ever since we have had this vehicle one thing or another has been happening. The mirror where you can put you glasses dropped down and would not stay up. We have had to have a new part ordered for that. The prop that hold the hood up came out and a piece came off so we have had to order a new piece for that. They tried to put it back three times so we finally took it to another dealer and they ordered a new part. Just this morning my husband raised the hood and a piece fell off that cushions the hood when it goes down. It is minor things but we are really unhappy with all these happenings. We have to drive about 40 miles to the dealers to keep getting it fixed.

Value for Money - SE Plus
By First Dodge Owner on 07/12/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I live in Toronto, Canada. Canadian market has SE Plus model, same 4.0 L engine except for $1,000 more you get more features (remote keyless entry, sunscreen glass, speed control, roof rack, security alarm). I had additional upgrades like Premium seats (same as SXT) for $375 and auto dim rear view mirror plus bluetooth for $300. Engine is noisy at high rams and lacks power. Otherwise quiet on highway.

Classy and Fun to Drive
By Momcat on 07/12/08 15:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got this car in May to replace my previous SUV. So far, I love it! It has so many great features, and my kids love the comfort. I love the safety features. I would have the the R/T, but I did not want leather seats (I hated them on my last SUV) - these cloth seats look great, are comfortable, and I am quite happy with my choice. Drives beautifully,and is so very quiet. My only complaint to date is there is a pretty good blind spot in this car, but it helps leaving the extra backseat mirror down to help with this. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone not wanting to be a minivan mom!

First SUV for Grandpa
By James on 07/12/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a Dodge die hard, bought the Journey after deciding that my 93 Dakota 4wd was out dated. Needed to keep a tow vehicle though as I have a small boat. Replacement vehicle needed to have decent towing capacity and all the latest safety features. So far this vehicle has proven to be very decent, good ride, extremely quiet, great interior storage. Like the radio controls on the steering wheel, very handy. V-6 very responsive, same HP as Dakota 318 v-8, this puppy will scoot when ask to, 6 speed trans works well. No towing info yet as hitch and wiring harness back ordered at dealership. I special order this vehicle and towing components should have been installed at factory, not the dealer.

Sweet
By SAW on 07/05/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall very happy with our purchase of this vehicle. So many bells and whistles it's hard to keep my eyes on the road. Very comfortable, plenty of space, love the third row seating. Handles well, great on road trips. Gas mileage is very good, all in all a super family car that we are very happy about.

Too many problems in such little time
By Keri on 07/03/08 10:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Journey SXT in May and have had it in the shop three times. The first time was for a noise the car made when turning left. I got the car out of the shop and a hour later something went wrong with the transmission and I had to take it back. I then got the car back and noticed while driving home the car made a loud grinding noise when accelerating and then took it back the next day. It has been 3 days since I have received my car back and it is know making a loud popping noise every couple of miles. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Great afordable vehicle
By mpguy30 on 07/02/08 02:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought ours in May being in the military and leaving country we needed a more reliable vehicle, and we found the Dodge Journey fit all our needs. We have a family of 5 so we got the 3 rows and we are in love with the vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*