2009 Dodge Journey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
Don't Buy
By Bigguy on 09/05/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had wiring harness done. Noise when turning left. Paint blistering and peeling. And Chrysler Canada would do nothing

Great Family Car with Room to Grow
By RT on 09/03/08 14:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Journey! This is our first crossover, moving up from a 4 dr car that just didn't have enough space with two car seats. I have 1500 miles on the odometer and average 22-23 mpg hwy, 19 city. Note that I accelerate slowly (don't get the RPM up to 3000 very often), coast when possible, use cruise, etc, to maximize fuel economy. If you like to rev it, don't expect to get great gas mileage. My 6'2" hubby and I (5'5") are both comfortable riding in this vehicle for extended periods. With the front seat pushed all the way back, there is still ample room for a toddler seat in the back. As for the blind spot, check your mirrors, turn and look, recheck mirrors, and it's not an issue.

Loving It for The Most Part
By Diane on 09/03/08 08:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is making a strange baffling noise that is coming from the exhaust system. My dealer-ship has tried its best to fix problem, now need to wait for Dodge to fix. Noise gets on your nerves at time. Radio should be where ac/heat unit located, more detail on dash and interior.

dealer want help
By class6kayak on 08/23/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Journey for 3 months and already have had the sunroof, power steering, transmission, and main wiring harnesses worked on. The oil light came on before 3000 miles and I got the recall about the wiring harness about the same time. I made an appointment and had the service department look to see why the car made a load noise when turning left. The Power steering was replaced and the transmission started slipping between 1st and 2nd gear also gets stuck in 5th gear and causes my mpg to be about 16.5. Now the the dealership is leaving it up to Chrysler to figure out.

Loving It So Far.
By Gretchen on 08/22/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved the look of the Journey when it came out. I leased mine in July when I turned in my much hated town & country. I don't have all the great available options in mine, but I have what I need. Love the 19" wheels, storage compartments, exterior styling, comfort seats, etc.

Do Not Put Yourself In this position.
By Jennifer on 08/11/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine for less than 4 months and it has been serviced 13 times and have been in the shop a total of 28 days (accumulative). It made a noise when turning left, which took them forever to figure out, the windshield made a buzzing sound on the interstate, the dashboard rattled, the back vents didn't work on low. So I have had a new power steering pump, new brakes, new shocks, new rotors, a new blower switch, 2 new cal panels, a part in the dashboard, a new air conditioning belt, and 5 new tires, which made the gas mileage worse. Heres the kicker, the steering wheel vibrates as well as the driver and passenger seat vibrates and they cannot fix it. DO not buy one of these.

A Roaring Journey
By Ed Williams on 08/07/08 05:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

On a road trip after purchase, got about 24-24 mpg on interstates. Running 19-20 in town. Biggest complaint is a mysterious roaring noise that occurs on acceleration in the 35-45 mph range. Dealer says it is an exhaust resonance issue that can't be fixed, but is common to the Chrysler 6-cyl. engine. My wife bought the vehicle and swears she would not have if the noise had occurred during the test drive. I think Chrysler should come up with a diagnosis and a fix, for what is otherwise an extremely good value for the price.

Love it!
By THE9TH1 on 08/05/08 02:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this in May, took a 2600 mile road trip 2 weeks later. Got excellent gas mileage for a AWD crossover vehicle (averaged about 24 mpg). The DVD/Rear entertainment system was a lifesaver for our kids. Already had to replace the radio though. Not a big deal, just a couple hours in the shop. Still trying to figure out all the options that the radio has. Hopefully the updated CD we got in the mail this week fixes the problems we had with it. Love the amount of room and the storage compartments. Glad we went with all the options the SXT had to offer. We use all of them!

Not loving this car anymore!
By Mindy on 07/27/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved it when I saw it-even though the inside is mostly plastic. It has been almost 2 months since I purchased it and my service engine light has been on for 3 days. My ESP (stabilizer) keeps coming on and I am getting a message to change the oil already, I only have 2650 miles on the car.I knew it was a risk buying a brand new model but my husband insisted we buy this because the gas mileage was supposed to be decent-I really wanted a Jeep before we saw the Journey.It is a nice looking vehicle and when it runs properly its great but I am concerned that there will be more trips to the dealer than we expected.

Good Journey
By JR on 07/17/08 05:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Dodge Journey has been fun to drive. Recent recall not an issue with us. We are glad to have the issue fixed. We do not have children so our concerns are safety, fuel economy, and comfort while on the road. Fuel economy does me little good if I am too stiff to get out of my vehicle when I get to my destination. Chrysler has always had top notch interior comfort in my book.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey in VA is:

$120 per month*